This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    ... and chocolate cake for breakfast ... 3... 2... 1... Conniption!
    Practical Magic?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sometimes I get a hankering for a nice salad with craisins, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, apple chunks, etc. (I especially like mine with candied pecans thrown in for crunch).

Peaches, strawberries, cherries, gala apples (but not fujis, while my husband is the opposite on the apple front).

Broccoli and potatoes with a low-fat cheese sauce on top.

Bread. Especially Hubby's fresh-baked loaves. Craisin wheat muffins too.

Quoth dalesys View Post
      ... and chocolate cake for breakfast ...
      3... 2... 1... Conniption!
      Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Practical Magic?
      My guess would be Bill Cosby.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I love dried fruit, especially craisins, sweet or savory I cannot get enough of those things. I also love really crunchy veggies like carrots, celery, or a really fresh cucumber.

(I also apparently like food that starts with a "c")

Comment

chestnuts
          seaweed
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Also strawberries, but only English and in season.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Roasted broccoli. I ate so much of it I literally gave myself a slight sensitivity to broccoli!
              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Cucumber. Trying to eat better, I've started having a good six-inch chunk as snacks as well as with meals.

This means I get through about...four of Sainsbury's large cucumbers a week. ^^

I think I was a kappa in a previous life.
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Carrots with fennel.

I hate cooked carrots, and I hate fennel even more. Put them together and I turns into an addiction.

I'm surprised I don't have orange skin and perpetually smell like licorice now.

Comment

Salsa. The chunkier and spicier the better.

There is, in fact, a Mexican restaurant here where I live that will sell you a to-go cup of salsa from their salsa bar for a mere $5 and it's worth every penny. If you get their basic salsa, which has a wonderful flavor and isn't all that hot, and take it home and let it sit in the fridge for a day, the colder it gets in temperature the hotter it gets in flavor -- all while retaining that wonderful flavor. In the past I'll have gotten a cup of it and will be eating it once it's nice and cold, and someone will see me sitting there munching and weeping and happy as a lark about it.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Sushi. Oh, sushi.

Crab. Yummy. Best thing to ever come out of the sea. Lobster? Meh, it's okay. Crab is KING!

Green beans. LOVE them! Favorite veggie ever. In all it's forms.

Peaches. Can eat them until my face is literally covered with their sweet juice! Favorite fruit ever! (Too bad we can't get peaches for shit in either Key West or Phoenix.....)

Salads. Love salads. I have been known to eat a 2 pound salad on occasion.....

Tuna. In all its forms, from steaks to canned.

Tomatoes. Oh, glorious tomatoes. LOVE them!

Mustard. "Wait, what? Mustard isn't healthy food!" Actually, it kinda is. No fat, so makes a great alternative to mayo if you're looking to cut down on fat, and mustard has been linked to as many health problems as I have supermodel wives: none! And there are so many wonderful variations of it, too! Gulden's Deli Mustard is my go to mustard, but will try all different kinds, and will (in a pinch) even settle for basic yellow mustard.

Quoth Solumina View Post
                      I love dried fruit...
                      Dried apricots. I blame my grandmother for this, as she always had them around when we'd be at her house. I will quite literally eat dried apricots until I am sick.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

That reminds me. I love dried apricots and peaches too. Maybe I'll pick some up next time I go to the store.
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I love hot sauce. If I have a salad, I don't use dressing, I use hot sauce.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Chobani Greek yogurt. Seriously addicted to this stuff. I never liked yogurt at all until I tried this brand. The vanilla one is better than ice cream! And it's all fat free. Yummmmm.....

And tomatoes. I MUST have tomatoes. Good ones, though, which usually means waiting until late summer and/or growing my own, because the little red golf balls they sell in supermarkets don't deserve to be called tomatoes.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Cherries (particularly Bing cherries), strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, marionberries, peaches. I am very happy when summer hits here and the local produce stands have these lovely items in abundance!

Nuts of all varieties. Lots of hazelnuts grow out here, and I love them! Cashews, I could take or leave, but everything else, yummy!!!

Chinese-style green beans, where they're stir-fried with bits of garlic. Crunchy and delicious!
                              Last edited by XCashier; 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot one!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

salmon sushi
                                pumpkin
                                strawberries
                                blueberries
                                raspberries
                                blackberries
                                white peaches
                                apricots
                                pluots