Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arga, you ever towed a UPS or FEDEX truck?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Nope, we couldn't tow something that big even if we wanted to anyway.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        Report it to your local police non-emergency number. The police *love* ticketing UPS, it's a continuous cash cow for them.
        Quoth Tama View Post
        From what I remember, UPS just pays the tickets because it's easier to deal with the ticket than customers complaining about not getting stuff on time.
        I'd also report them to the complex management, asking that they send UPS a "Come to $diety" letter - basically, if their drivers don't stop blocking residents, they will be banned from the property. Since they don't want to deal with customers complaining about not getting stuff on time, a ban would be BAD NEWS for them. A couple of times post-ban with the superintendent rushing out with a Denver Boot to keep the offending vehicle there until the local version of Argabarga can get there should teach them that the ban has teeth.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
          Dare I ask, but what is a DOJ consent decree?
          Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
          Hmm, DOJ consent decree sounds ominous.

Isn't that essentially when the DOJ tells a lesser agency "you've been screwing up. We're not going to make you admit blame/take legal consequences, but things are GOING TO CHANGE."
          That's exactly what it is, except that they have had to admit to wrong-doings and there have been legal consequences. http://bit.ly/1yDLj54

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I'd also report them to the complex management, asking that they send UPS a "Come to $diety" letter - basically, if their drivers don't stop blocking residents, they will be banned from the property. Since they don't want to deal with customers complaining about not getting stuff on time, a ban would be BAD NEWS for them. A couple of times post-ban with the superintendent rushing out with a Denver Boot to keep the offending vehicle there until the local version of Argabarga can get there should teach them that the ban has teeth.
          There's really no way to ban them from the property. Our complex is big and has 4 entrances, one of which is shared with the complex next door. It would require the complex hiring at least 4 people to do nothing but sit at the entrances all day, every day and turn away UPS/FedEx trucks. That's not going to happen. And given the size of our complex and the way the parking is laid out, there's no way for anybody from the office to rush out and boot them.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
            Dare I ask, but what is a DOJ consent decree?
            Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
            Hmm, DOJ consent decree sounds ominous.

Isn't that essentially when the DOJ tells a lesser agency "you've been screwing up. We're not going to make you admit blame/take legal consequences, but things are GOING TO CHANGE."
            I'll give you an example of a consent decree (may not have been DOJ, but same principle):

There was a new emissions standard for heavy duty diesel engines set to take effect for engines manufactured starting January 1st 2004. Some years before this, a large number of engine manufacturers were caught cheating on their certification tests for engines which had to meet the at-the-time emissions standards. The consent decree that was reached was that no criminal prosecution would take place, but that the affected engine manufacturers would have to either meet the new emissions standards, or pay a fine for each engine produced, starting (can't recall if it was the beginning or end of the month) October 2002. CAT wasn't as far along in the development process as the other manufacturers, so they chose to pay the fine (still had to meet the new standard - no option of paying a fine - as of January 1st 2004). Most of the other manufacturers were far enough along that they were able to meet the new standard by the "moved up" date.

Government agency involved didn't have to go to the expense of taking the engine manufacturers to court, achieved a goal of reducing emissions, and engine manufacturers didn't face the unknown factor of "what will the court fine us?".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X