X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a LARPer Pees in the Woods...

Is it still gross?

I went to a large (650 people!) Live Action Roleplay Event a few weeks ago. It was at a girl scout camp equipped with cabins, platform tents and tent sites. It was ALSO equipped with plenty of port-o-potties, outhouses and restrooms in cabins.

Yet,

It seemed every time I rounded a bend in a path, or exited my tent, or went past some brush to collect firewood, I came across some male LARPer taking a piss.

In the dark, a few feet into the treeline, sure; not a big deal But when I'm cooking on my grill in front of my tent in broad daylight and you walk past me and stand 10ft away to water a tree, that's a little much. And if you're on a trail, you never know who might come up on you, and how much of an eyeful you're going to give them; not to mention, sometimes we're CRAWLING through the brush, and have no idea who has marked where!

I never really 'saw' anything, but it was still a little uncomfortable; I must have come across these scenes a half dozen times, and that was just me. Would it have bothered them to hold it, make sure they were alone or at least ASK if I was bothered???

We all pay to play this game, and I wonder if I can write the people in charge and ask that they ask players to use the facilities provided to us; or if that would be prudish of me.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I recall reading about how one English monarch (possibly Richard the Lionheart?) was killed - a crossbowman was waiting outside the castle with a clear shot up a certain "disposal chute", and when the light was blocked off (i.e. the monarch sat on his personal commode), let loose a bolt. Perhaps something inspired by this could take place, hitting the offenders in a VERY sensitive area? Even a "beanbag" arrow would hurt.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hell, just grab a handy stick, shout "SNAKE!" and proceed to beat on

I guarantee that word will get around, and a good portion of your 'markers' will get a little thoughtful about watering the woods.

(I wonder if just the rumor of someone getting the treatment would work)

Comment

This is most likely why whenever my family and friends (and I do mean extended family and friends here) did a camping trip or a big get-together, they would set up a area blocked off by tarps so guys could go and take a leak without having to wait for the girls to finish. I may have walked in there a couple of times as a kid.

When we did the camping trip, we wound up setting up FOUR toilet areas: 2 long drops, a portable pump-activated one and a area blocked off by tarps. The pump one was for the ladies, the 2 long drops were for the guys. Needless to say, my oldest cousin (on my dad's side, I'm the oldest on my mum's side) decided to announce to some friends who arrived late about what toilet did what...in a very loud tone.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I recall reading about how one English monarch (possibly Richard the Lionheart?) was killed - a crossbowman was waiting outside the castle with a clear shot up a certain "disposal chute", and when the light was blocked off (i.e. the monarch sat on his personal commode), let loose a bolt. Perhaps something inspired by this could take place, hitting the offenders in a VERY sensitive area? Even a "beanbag" arrow would hurt.
          I never want to sit on a toilet again. I know it's irrational, it can't possibly happen... but sheesh the idea of someone firing an arrow up my backside while I'm taking a dump is a little too much to handle right now lol.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
            Hell, just grab a handy stick, shout "SNAKE!" and proceed to beat on

I guarantee that word will get around, and a good portion of your 'markers' will get a little thoughtful about watering the woods.
            Wouldn't it be more embarrassing if you shouted "WORM!" or even "NEMATODE!"?

Quoth Evannah View Post
            I never want to sit on a toilet again. I know it's irrational, it can't possibly happen... but sheesh the idea of someone firing an arrow up my backside while I'm taking a dump is a little too much to handle right now lol.
            The event I described happened with a middle-ages "toilet", which consisted of a seat that connected to a "chute" opening into the castle wall over the moat. BTW, nobody with a crossbow is going to fire an arrow at you - the projectile for a crossbow is known as a bolt.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              ... the projectile for a crossbow is known as a bolt.
              So... 'is nutz got bolted?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

In the Army, we were doing a Land Nav day. Map, Compass, points to go to. (we have GPS units, why don't we use them? We need training on how to use them because they are nothing like civilian models. No, to 'valuable' to risk? How are we going to use the darn things in combat if we can not train on them now?)

My group finished. We only got lost twice, maybe next time do not let cadets figure out points. One target was 50 meters away from where we were told to go, hidden deep in a tree line. Commander agreed, his group got lost 5 times. .

So yes; male, female, young, old, lower-enlisted, officer. All equal, all peed in the woods.

Except, I also had to make number 2. I was given a shove, a roll of TP, and pointed to a 'private' spot in the woods.

I dug my hole and squatted. Half way to "Drop Zone", guess which group of (also lost) soldiers came out looking for the Humvees? If you guessed the group that had the Female XO (Major), you would be correct. Fortunately, I was following proper pooing protocol, and she was a good officer (who understood why I could not salute, busy holding pants up ).
                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

You could always use this device..

'The Bumper Dumper'

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Does a LARPer dressed as a bear shit in the woods? :-)
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      Does a LARPer dressed as a bear shit in the woods? :-)
                      No, but he does punch out old women.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                        You could always use this device..

'The Bumper Dumper'

We used those at the last camping trip I did!
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          ...nobody with a crossbow is going to fire an arrow at you - the projectile for a crossbow is known as a bolt.
                          "I used to be a ruler like you. Then I took a crossbow bolt to the fundement".
                          P*S

Comment

Working...
                          X