X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can't or Won't?"

Out with friends last night bowling.

We'd booked 5 people for 3 games each however one of them didn't turn up so we ended up with 4 people using the 15 "games" between us.

When we got towards the end of the 4th game one of the guys worked out that the FR number in the top left hand corner must be the amount of frames we had left and since it was going to leave us with 2 people taking 8 frames and 2 only taking 7 Host spoke to the control desk and asked them to extend it - even offered to pay.

They said no. (not having heard the convo I don't know exact wordings but Host wasn't grumpy about it when he came back.)

I'm explaining this to another of the group and say "they asked them to extend it and the control desk can't". GA (Grumpy A**) jumps up and snarls "couldn't or wouldn't". Him and Host then start discussing it with "yeah, I know right?" kinda talk.

I end up saying "Doesn't matter - it could be anything from that once its programmed they can't do anything about it OR that management don't allow it. No reason to get annoyed at the person who Host asked - its not being extended and that's all that matters." GA kept semi snarling about it for as long as I was in his hearing....

Sorry, I can see the reasons why it sucks but most of us were bowling terribly by then anyway and why get annoyed over it and finish the evening in a bad mood?
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Some people aren't happy unless they're ticked off about something. Maybe he's like that. Or he just lets little irritations bother him.

I'm with you, don't let it ruin the evening.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I know GA far too well unfortunately and he is the sort who can turn a simple "no" into a "how dare you ask and I spit on you for doing so....". Doesn't help that Host is quick to pick up on such negativity and be annoyed about it too so I snapped it in the bud straight away.

After nearly 4 full games bowling I was far too tired to deal with any ongoing ranting about it and I wasn't going to see them having a go at the staff either...
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
      X