This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want My Bridal Makeup Done For Free

I only overheard this at Macy's tonight while I was picking out my dad's Christmas gift (Armani cologne. The man bathes in it, but at least it makes him smell better than the beer fart kind of dad).

I was at an opposite register in the cosmetic/fragrance area, the phone at Lancome had rang (so I had my back turned to the associate, but I was overhearing...errr....eavesdropping on what she was saying in response to the customer on the phone).

So, the phone had rang, the girl answers, and apparently some young lady/woman wants her makeup done at Macys bridal style. Oh, ok, lovely, a trial run. Yes, they do those for free during the week. Wait, no...you want your bridal makeup done on your actual wedding day at Macy's? For free? This Saturday?

Well...see, especially with it being the holidays, they don't have enough associates to focus on giving free makeovers when they'll have lots of customers in to buy their overly priced makeup, which is profit compared to doing something for free. (For the record or before anyone asks, I really don't know if it's just during the holidays that they don't do it on the weekends)

I was never even aware that full makeovers/makeup applications were free at Macys. Hell, you can get free ones at Ulta or close to free. I would never expect if you're doing more than just trying to match skin tone or find a color that it'd be free.

But, I guess when you think you've seen the cheapest of the cheap, you can just go to Macy's and find someone who wants expensive makeup for free.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

And with that amount of cheek, the beautician is going to have a lot more ground to cover than usual.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

And the final product _will_ be unacceptable! And she will demand a refund/freebies/apologies for life for ruining her 'special day' etc.!

Comment

Um, I actually had my makeup for a friend's wedding done for free once. Of course, I had spent several hundred pounds with them over the course of a few years, and they'd had to start another preferences card for me as I'd wandered my way through a lot of the catalogue.

In my defence, I went from a high school student only ever using a bit of lip gloss to Goth, so I had no idea how to do "normal" makeup. I also went in a few weeks before to see if it was possible to book it, with the understanding that if they couldn't do it I'd go pay the beauty salon down the road if necessary (apart from the expense I wasn't overly keen as they tended to make women up to clubbing standard unless you rode herd on them; not really wedding appropriate).
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          ... make women up to clubbing standard...
          Clubbing? Let's Get Mesolithic!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have heard of really good "budget wedding" ideas.

Like having the ceremony during the week, in the evening so everyone can attend (as most places are not heavily booked during the week, you can get some really good deals). If a budget friendly person did that, then they could 'possibly' get free bridal make-up done as well.

But alas, this all takes careful planning and calling ahead to ensure the ideas will work. In many cases, saving money ideas and strategies take more time, and we all know about SC time .
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Hey, nothing wrong with asking. I just found it odd that just days prior someone was calling and wanting it for free this coming weekend. Seemed ballsy to me.

My uncle's wife had "free" Mary Kay makeup done as part of a party for their wedding, but I do know there is a motive in there to sell makeup, naturally, so I'm sure everyone bought at least something.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
              X