This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    There was an episode of Friends that had that as a subplot. Chandler tried to quit his gym, but every time he went in with that intention, the gym would send over a manager to talk to him-- always a pretty woman, which completely threw Chandler off and ended up getting him to sign up for a premium membership or something. Then Ross went with him for solidarity, but got roped into signing up as well. So then they decided to cut off the gym by closing their bank accounts, so the gym wouldn't take any more of their money.

...and then the bank sent over a pretty woman manager to discuss the closing of their accounts...
    There was also an episode of Newsradio from around the same time period where Phil Hartman kept getting scammed by a gym manager played by Ben Stiller.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      Okay, two words - Planet Fitness.
      PF also has that policy where loud grunting or slamming down weights to show off how hard you're working out is a giant no-no. Sirens go off and everything to shame the lunks!

Comment

I've never heard grunting and groaning in public toilets before. I have heard diarrhea tho. >_<
        OMG, can you all imagine those two in the public restrooms? "LET'S SEE WHO CAN POOP 500 MILES FIRST!" "OK!" "UGH" "OH" "EHH" Lol.
        Short story: Just he other day, an old man was working out close next to me. He lifted a barbell and he farted. "Sorry" he said to me. Ok, whatever, no big deal; sometimes it slips.
        But then he CAME OVER and said "How are you doing today????" WHY? WHY do people after they fart have the urge to walk over to youuuuu *headwall*
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
          WHY? WHY do people after they fart have the urge to walk over to youuuuu *headwall*
          Perhaps they are escaping the smelly environment they created.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            I can't stand it when I'm stuck next to a "groaner" while using a public restroom...nothing more awkward than hearing traumatic straining and relief noises from the next stall. Hey, sometimes the elimination process takes a little more effort, I've been there, but for God's sake, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!
            Had a pair of groaners in the men's room today, but since they were obviously teenagers from their voices, I bet they were just being deliberately overexaggerated and disgusting instead of having genuine gastro-intestinal distress. Choice quotes:

STALL #1: Man, it's gonna come out of my mouth!

STALL #2: My ass is on fire!

Fuck's sake. And since the men's room in my store recently did away entirely with paper towels due to some bullshit about sanitary regulations, I couldn't even leave until the piss-poor hand dryer did it's work...after enduring ninety seconds' worth of this doggerel.

Comment

And since the men's room in my store recently did away entirely with paper towels due to some bullshit about sanitary regulations, I couldn't even leave until the piss-poor hand dryer did it's work...after enduring ninety seconds' worth of this doggerel.
              The beancounters who prefer hot air driers are ignorant of an important fact: some people don't wash their hands, so the door handles get contaminated. When paper towels are provided for drying your hands, you can use one to open the door. With hot air dryers, you don't have that option, so unless the layout of the washroom is changed (non-latching push-to-open door that you can hit with your shoulder, or labyrinth so there's no sight line from outside to inside even without a door) your freshly-washed hands get re-contaminated due to the handle having been used previously by a non-washer. Of course, changing the layout of the washroom to accommodate the hot air dryers costs money, so it isn't done.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                The beancounters who prefer hot air driers are ignorant of an important fact: some people don't wash their hands, so the door handles get contaminated. When paper towels are provided for drying your hands, you can use one to open the door. With hot air dryers, you don't have that option, so unless the layout of the washroom is changed (non-latching push-to-open door that you can hit with your shoulder, or labyrinth so there's no sight line from outside to inside even without a door) your freshly-washed hands get re-contaminated due to the handle having been used previously by a non-washer. Of course, changing the layout of the washroom to accommodate the hot air dryers costs money, so it isn't done.
                I just wrap my hand in my apron/jacket, and use that to open the door. Always pisses me off when I see someone wash their hands, notice that there aren't any towels, and just walk out while grabbing the door handle with their still-dripping hand.

Comment

While the grunting is annoying. The real suck here is not wiping down. There's a special place in hell for those people, right up there with rapists, child molesters, and people who talk in the theater.

Comment

Had a pair of groaners in the men's room today, but since they were obviously teenagers from their voices, I bet they were just being deliberately overexaggerated and disgusting instead of having genuine gastro-intestinal distress. Choice quotes:
                    Who does Number Two work for?
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
                      While the grunting is annoying. The real suck here is not wiping down. There's a special place in hell for those people, right up there with rapists, child molesters, and people who talk in the theater.
                      Ooooooh....yes.

I remember this one guy....I dunno what he was doing, but he was using ALL the machines. He had them set at really weights (set to the lowest or second-lowest weight on all of them), and would do 2-3 quick reps on one before running on to the next one. By the time he finished a circuit, I wouldn't have finished a single set on one machine -- he didn't leave time for anyone to work in!

By the time he finished...whatever the hell he thought he was doing...did he wipe down a single machine? Yeah, big fat "NO" right there!

I only saw him like twice though one January, and then he vanished after that fortunately.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        Who does Number Two work for?
                        That's right buddy, you show that turd who's boss!
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

There is a special place in hell for people that don't wipe down machines after they use them...

Comment

Working...
                          X