Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wheels on the bus go round and round and keep going round and round.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eireann -- Perhaps he had received complaints about "driving too fast" on that particular street? (read: anything faster than half of the actual speed limit)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I once missed the school bus because the driver slammed the door in my face and took off. Granted, I was late getting out the door and the bus was already at the stop as I was sprinting towards it, but I managed to get all the way TO the bus and was literally about to step onboard when he slammed the door. I even smacked the door with my instrument case to get his attention and he just sped off.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I've had a number of buses pass me while I was waiting at a stop with my wheelchair-bound child. Only once did it appear that the bus was actually full. All the other times it seemed like the driver just didn't want to deal with the hassle of boarding a wheelchair. And yes, I grabbed the bus numbers and put in formal complaints every single time.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I'm a bit late to this thread but I've got a few stories about awful drivers.
          1. When I was at secondary school, the school chartered coaches for lots of different routes. You paid for the coach at the beginning of term. We paid, and I was the only kidat that stop. On my first day of secondary school (age 11) waiting with a large group of kids from a different school, the bus drove straight past me. He eventually remembered, phoned the other school's driver and told him to pick me up. My school was private, the other was state, so you can imagine how awful that was. I had my brand new (expensive) uniform trashed, and even though I was a scholarship kid my mum couldn't afford new uniform.
          The bus driver repeated this every day for two weeks, so we eventually gave up.
          2. When I was a bit older, there was now a larger group that got the public bus. If it was just teenagers waiting, one particular driver always drove straight past. He only stopped when an adult was also waiting. The next bus wasn't for 3 hours (small village), by which time it was dark. Our only option was to wait until somebody's parent finished work.
          3. One particular driver used to dash through all of the stops early, without waiting as he was supposed to, so that he could have a longer cigarette break at the bus station.

Comment

I'm so used to rubbish bus service. I forgo one stop completely and opt for the one before or after it. I don't think they actually know it's a bus stop on their route, it's so rarely used.

I've had doors slammed in my face, bus drivers deciding they're a completely different bus halfway through a route, massive differences in timetables - digital and paper. I actually counted how many buses went by on twitter one night because they were backed up beyond belief. I've found that tweeting the company helps. They always promise to deal with complaints submitted via email or their website and never do.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Quoth CloserToSane View Post
              I've found that tweeting the company helps. They always promise to deal with complaints submitted via email or their website and never do.
              Of course - complaints submitted via email or the web are only ever seen by someone without the authority to fix things. Posts on Twitter, and the company's reaction (or lack thereof) are visible to EVERYONE.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Friend of mine was waiting at the stop to collect his daughter from the school bus.
                As the bus came round the corner and was slowing down to stop he could see her waiting to get off.
                Then the driver caught sight of my friend and put her foot down and breezed straight past.
                Goes WTF before realising how he looks; shaved head, beard that Ned Kelly would be proud of, dirty singlet, ripped shorts, flipflops and legs covered in grass clippings from mowing the lawn before he walked up to the bus stop.
                Later commented to me afterward "fair enough, I wouldn't have stopped for me either"
                Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

This has happened at the Park&Ride in Winchester during Christmas over the last few years. It's always very busy and you'd expect them to look at the numbers and the capacity for their brand new spanking car park and lay on enough buses...

Nope! The first year they ran a normal service, and there were hundreds of people trying to get to and from the market and their cars, waiting at the stops in huge queues, and the bus company refused to put on any buses because they were sure they'd calculated for enough...

Next few years they slowly got better, but they're building another new car park...
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Last June, they changed my bus route. Instead of going donw the street beside my office, the bus now goes down the street in front of my office.

When they first made the changes, they for some reason didn't put any stops at my office, even though there are a fair number of people who use the bus. They finally corrected that a few weeks ago.

Anyways, one night last week, I was waiting for the bus and saw him coming down the road. And to my surprise, he turned down the side street instead of going down the main road. (I thought he turned his turn signal on a bit early for my stop. :P ). I tried waving him down, but it's dark at 1730 here, and there was enough snow/ice on the ground that I wasn't going to risk sprinting.

I started walking, trying to decide if I wanted to walk downtown or not, and noticed he was turning around; someone must have clued him in that the route had changed. :P So I backtracked to the stop.
                    He came around the corner, and back on his actual route... and nearly blew right past me! At the last moment he saw me waving him down (again!), plus I suspect someone shouted on board too.

At least he was apologetic as I got on board. He was a regular driver but I suspect he hasn't driven that route often and/or he wasn't aware of the new stop especially.

Comment

Working...
                    X