This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, murder isn't funny

This story comes from a new coworker. We'll call her Mary. Mary told me a story about her old job. At one point there was some kind of disagreement between coworkers and the one came in and shot the other while she was working in a particular department. She died. So some time after the fact Mary had a sucktomer who asked her, "Is it safe to go into [department]? hahahaha" Mary just kind of stared, dumbfounded; I mean, who jokes about that? And this irritated the SC, who berated Mary for not having a sense of humor. Mary simply said, "Ma'am, I was here when it happened, and I'm still dealing with it." The woman was shamed and left.

I don't blame Mary for leaving that job, and I'm so glad we have her; she's wonderful.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Would anyone joke if it was a school shooting? I think not. Person needed to be shamed.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

NOT FUNNY AT all.

I do remember seeing the details of that "incident" on the news.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

What? No, What? I, no, What?

I can not process what I just read. Who makes that kind of joke?

I mean, I was in the Army, so I have a slightly dark sense of humor at times. I have laughed at jokes about Marines thinking Ebola was a Terrorist group. Still, I have never heard a joke so dark and callous as that.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

That's awful! Shame on that customer! May Mary's coworker rest in peace.

Comment

Oh, that woman died? Guess that's where I lost track of the story.

Damn.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yes, there are people that cold and unfeeling. I've posted before about a co-worker I had when I was dealing with my son's death. His only comment was "some people need to learn to leave their problems at home."
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Irv, I'm pretty sure. I could be wrong. Still.... Captain Trips, I'm so sorry that happened. Unbelievable, and yet believable.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                  Yes, there are people that cold and unfeeling. I've posted before about a co-worker I had when I was dealing with my son's death. His only comment was "some people need to learn to leave their problems at home."
                  I had the same thing happen just after my Mother died a few years ago. In the 3 days before the funeral took place I had enough customers basically say the same thing to me as I was delivering to them.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'll say this for the Chair of our department: people who are having personal problems are supported. Unlike some other jobs I've had where it's "just up and do your fucking job."
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      Would anyone joke if it was a school shooting? I think not. Person needed to be shamed.
                      That's the problem; almost nobody has any shame any more. They say or do something they know is stupid or mean, someone calls them on it, they immediately get defensive and cut the other person down.

Used to be, people would think about it, realize what they did wrong and apologize for their bad behavior, then resolve to do better.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                      X