Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would downed power lines keep you from delivering pizza????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would downed power lines keep you from delivering pizza????

My kid brother works for the crappy "Blue" pizza chain as a delivery driver, and also takes orders in the store and helps making pizzas. He told me a couple gems last night.

SC places an order for delivery, and Kid Brother heads out with it. Now, it seems that the SC lives in a subdivision that only has one street in and out.

And that street was closed. Someone had crashed into a telephone pole, there were downed power lines across the road, and the police had the street completely blocked off pending the arrival of the power company.

KB made a valiant effort to find an alternate route in, but there was just no way to get to the address without going down THAT road, and...well....that wasn't going to happen.

He tried calling the SC to let them know, but the number the SC had provided turned out to be out of service:

He ended up bringing the order back to the store. Not long afterward, guess who called up yelling and screaming that he never got his order.

NOTHING satisfied this guy. By God he placed an order, and he damn well is going to get what he paid for, downed power lines and police roadblocks BE DAMNED!!!11eleventy!!!!

SC: WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME?!?!

KB: I tried but the number on the order was disconnected.

SC: I KNOW that! That number's been no good for years!!!

Brain now thoroughly broken, he handed the phone to his manager, who tried to explain that 1) obviously the customer isn't going to be charged and 2) he is not entitled to any compensation for the "inconvenience" because it's not Blue Pizza's fault that there was a crash and - once again - it was the POLICE that kept them away, but that still didn't satisfy the guy.

Though surprisingly, KB said that 3 days later, the guy called and specifically asked for him so he could apologize for his behavior. KB didn't say what excuse the guy used, just that he was shocked that anyone would actually apologize for being rude.

Story the second......Halloween Night. The phones are ringing off the hook, delivery orders are pouring in (some for as many as 20 pizzas!) AND two people called in sick.

SC calls.

KB: Thank you for choosing Crappy Blue Pizza, how can I help you?

SC: Yes, I'd like to place an order for delivery.

KB: OK, but let me tell you first off that we are very busy and it will be at least an hour before your food will arrive.

SC: Oh....I can't wait that long.......do you know what Papa Gino's (major competitor) number is?

I don't know if he ACTUALLY said this, but he had quite a lot of orders to deal with, and NO time to deal with that sort of silly question. Not placing an order with us? Then we're done here.

KB: That's what the internet is for! *click*

Bonus Stupidity: The guy who picked up a pizza, tucked the box vertically under his arm (instead of you know, holding it flat like you're SUPPOSED TO) then called to bitch that his pizza was all smushed nad mangled at one end of the box! Gee, I wonder why??? Sadly, this is not the first nor will ti be the last time someone does this. I remember once when I was 6 going to a local pizza parlor with my dad, and the employee at the register was grousing about some guy who had just done that.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 11-11-2014, 08:48 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    Bonus Stupidity: The guy who picked up a pizza, tucked the box vertically under his arm (instead of you know, holding it flat like you're SUPPOSED TO) then called to bitch that his pizza was all smushed nad mangled at one end of the box! Gee, I wonder why??? Sadly, this is not the first nor will ti be the last time someone does this. I remember once when I was 6 going to a local pizza parlor with my dad, and the employee at the register was grousing about some guy who had just done that.
    Been there, seen that. Repeatedly. Both adults and kids. Sorry, folks. It's not frozen.

Best one I ever saw while working in the pizzaria was a guy that sent his 5 or 6 year old in to get the pizza. Hey, it's cute, right? Yeah. Sure. Granted the kid handed over the cash with no problems and took the pizza. He even used both hands... to hold it vertically down by his legs, and bouce-kick it with his knees as he walked out the door.

Thankfully, dad looked so complely mortified when he came right back in with the box that we were nice and remade the pizza. And based on the look on the poor kid's face, he had no idea what he did wrong.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      Doing it that way is only acceptable if it's a Cosa Nostra Pizza that's fast approaching delivery deadline. Uncle Enzo doesn't have to apologize for smooshed or mangled pizza. Just late pizza.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I wonder if in the first story, when the SC didn't get his pizza, he marched over to the police demanding the road opened, and almost got arrested in the process, thus bringing his change of heart a few days later?
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Doing it that way is only acceptable if it's a Cosa Nostra Pizza that's fast approaching delivery deadline. Uncle Enzo doesn't have to apologize for smooshed or mangled pizza. Just late pizza.
          Where's a Kourier when you need one, yeah?
          Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
          They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            SC: WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME?!?!

KB: I tried but the number on the order was disconnected.

SC: I KNOW that! That number's been no good for years!!!
            I couldn't take this, I honestly couldn't. My brain to mouth filter would fall right off and I'd call this guy a moron.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I'm surprised the first guy didn't demand the pizza guy get out and walk to his house. I mean, that's more reasonable than expecting a car to travel like a TARDIS through time and space just to get around those pesky power lines...
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                I couldn't take this, I honestly couldn't. My brain to mouth filter would fall right off and I'd call this guy a moron.
                YOU do NOT know how many times I have bloodied my tongue biting it when these hollow headed rust bucket for brains flaming morons can not understand WHY we did not call them for <what ever information/confirmation> AND THEY FULLY well knew the phone number they gave us is wrong/disconnected/out of service/bill not paid/NOT WORKING.

AND then you have the full fledged gaggling idiots who, IF we DO have a working number, AND try and call them, AND they choose to let it go to voice mail, CHOOSE NOT to at the very least listen to said voice mail and wonder why their order is late?
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

See, if I don't have a ready phone number, I at least try to say "email me" in the direction box before submitting my order.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    SC: Oh....I can't wait that long.......do you know what Papa Gino's (major competitor) number is?
                    My answer would have been, "411!"

(FYI for non-Americans: 411 is the number for directory assistance in much of the country.)

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                      KB: OK, but let me tell you first off that we are very busy and it will be at least an hour before your food will arrive.
                      BTDT, when Halloween was on a weekend a few years back, Mrs. TGK suggested that I place the order when the pizza place opened and requested delivery at 6 that evening.
                      Planning....what a concept.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        Bonus Stupidity: The guy who picked up a pizza, tucked the box vertically under his arm (instead of you know, holding it flat like you're SUPPOSED TO) then called to bitch that his pizza was all smushed nad mangled at one end of the box! Gee, I wonder why???
                        First thing I learned when I got a job delivering pizzas: always hold the box horizontal.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                          I wonder if in the first story, when the SC didn't get his pizza, he marched over to the police demanding the road opened, and almost got arrested in the process, thus bringing his change of heart a few days later?
                          And the reason he waited a few days to apologize was because he WAS arrested for not only interference but also outstanding warrants for *insert offense here* and had to wait to either a) sign out on his own recognizance or b) wait on someone to post bail.

At least that would be the luck in my 'hood.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well why don't you just come down to pick the pizza up yourself then?

Durr, how'm I supposed to do that? They've got the road closed!

Comment

I knew the power lines were down! I wanted extra crispy on the delivery...

(person)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X