Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would downed power lines keep you from delivering pizza????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    I knew the power lines were down! I wanted extra crispy on the delivery...

(person)
    Then you don't want pizza . . . just go outside and scrape the roadkill up off the asphalt.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      NOTHING satisfied this guy. By God he placed an order, and he damn well is going to get what he paid for, downed power lines and police roadblocks BE DAMNED!!!11eleventy!!!!.
      I got to listen to one of my coworkers complain that she couldn't get get pizza delivered when this happened three people dead, a kid watched his mother and sister die, and you're upset because you had to cook! FFS! Get over yourself.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        SC: WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME?!?!

KB: I tried but the number on the order was disconnected.

SC: I KNOW that! That number's been no good for years!!!
        "Then why did you give us a non-working number and expect us to call you?!" That is what I call weapons-grade stupidity. If stupidity were explosive, that level of stupidity could nuke a sizeable country off the face of the planet.

I'm glad he called later and apologized, and I sure hope he gave you an updated phone number. You guys totally do not need to deal with that idiocy.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          "Then why did you give us a non-working number and expect us to call you?!" That is what I call weapons-grade stupidity. If stupidity were explosive, that level of stupidity could nuke a sizeable country off the face of the planet.
          Looks up at the name of the site. YUP Welcome of the wonderful world that I have to deal with EVERY single shift I work at the red roof pizza place. People go through burn phones in my area as often as they change cloths or underwear. AND then they "convienantly" forget to give us their new number when they next order.

THEN add in the situation where they have NOT paid a past due phone bill and said number is temp disconnected or is NO LONGER in service.

THEN add in the ability to order over the internet and you open up a WHOLE 'nother can of more powerful weapons grade stupidity.

THEN add in the inability of people to be able to enter THEIR OWN FREAKIN address correctly even IF they have been at said address for a while. Missing things apt numbers, upper/lower/ which door to use, company name, THE CORRECT ADDRESS, tec.

I'm glad he called later and apologized, and I sure hope he gave you an updated phone number. You guys totally do not need to deal with that idiocy.
          TIS a RARE thing to happen. 99% of the time we just get screamed at some more AND the company will just give them MORE free stuff anyway.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            People go through burn phones in my area as often as they change cloths or underwear.
            I wouldn't consider a phone they keep for at least a few months to be a "burn" phone.

As for not giving a valid number, why doesn't "red roof" do what was standard in my hometown back in the '80s? Call to order food, give them your number, and you'd get an immediate call back confirming the order was legitimate. If you give an invalid number, the food place assumes it's a prank order, so the food doesn't get made. The system you've got (only find out the number's no good when the store or driver tries to let the customer know there's a problem) leaves you open to prank orders.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie does have a point. For quite a while our local pizza place used to call to verify the order. They did that in my old neighborhood, too.

This place hasn't done that for a while but we've been in this house almost ten years now, so they know it's legit.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X