This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day at The Mothership ...

Yet another customer tried to pay for a $2.25 purchase with a $100 bill ...

Coworker and manager-on-duty: "Don't put [item] into dishwasher; it breaks down the glue that holds it together, and it's plastic. I'm trying to keep plastic out of the landfills. I guess I'm an environmentalist ..."

Had to bite my tongue to keep from pointing out that The Mothership's business is based on disposable cups, disposable lids (plastic), disposable cutlery, bags for foods (rather than dishes), paper napkins, and an appalling amount of food tossed out daily.

The funniest part of the day: we had a "mobile" order come in, and it was duly made. It sat there. And sat there. And sat there.

Finally it was deemed not drinkable and thrown out.

At the end of the day, a very embarrassed woman rushed in and asked if we'd had a mobile order for [Name] that had never been picked up. We said yes.

She stuttered a bit and asked if she could get a refund.

Because ... get this ... her TWO-YEAR-OLD had gotten hold of her cellphone and put the order through ... apparently even paying for it.

We told her of course; just bring her phone back in and we'd refund the order. We also advised not to let her kid get onto eBay or Amazon ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I mean, the fabric store was the most wasteful place I have ever seen. Very little was ever given away or recycled except for the cardboard boxes. Seasonal stuff was sometimes given away but mostly it got tossed. Anyway, how wasteful the company was had no relation to how I try to live on a personal level. So if your work says to throw whatever in the dishwasher... Just do it.

Also, really, it's stupid to ask for a refund on an accidental mobile order. The drink was ordered, it was made, it was not picked up. Too bad, so sad. It's not worth the time to make an extra trip for me at least.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Hmm, apparently I didn't write that very well ... I'm the one who wanted to toss the item in the dishwasher; she's the one who says no, on environmental grounds.

As for the refund, the customer was very nice about it, not even remotely demanding. She was also very embarrassed that her toddler had sent in the order ... she says she's gonna set up a password on her phone now.

Not to mention it was hilarious.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Oh, I got that it was not you, about the dishwasher. I was talking about them! I just thought that normally the item would go in there but they took it on themselves to change the rule due to "environmental" reasons.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

This is a place where the "rules" seem to change depending on who's in charge on any given day.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X