Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're quite sure you gave it a fair chance ... ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're quite sure you gave it a fair chance ... ?

I was in the local liquor store earlier today, picking up boxes (I swear it ) and I heard one of the staff coming back towards me and talking about a customer. I turned around and she was walking towards two other staff members, who were right beside me at their tills, and she was holding a large wine bottle in one hand. The customer had demanded a refund because he didn't like it.

It was 3/4 empty.

Me: "Well, it took him long enough to make up his mind, didn't it ..."
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I've always wondered, what do they do with foods/drinks that are opened/partially-consumed and then returned? I would assume throw them away because nobody would buy a half-drunk bottle of wine.
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

It's like those people who eat 90% of their meal at a restaurant before grousing to a waiter about how "Terrible!" the food was and demanding a refund and complimentary food on their next visit. If there's something legitimately off about my food, I'm not shy about flagging down a server and asking (politely!) if I could have a do-over.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
        I've always wondered, what do they do with foods/drinks that are opened/partially-consumed and then returned? I would assume throw them away because nobody would buy a half-drunk bottle of wine.
        Yes, alas. Even with alcohol's purported sterilizing properties, I would not want to drink whatever's left in a leftover bottle. You'd have no clue how much "backwash" might be in there ...

I've picked up half-empty water bottles ... but the water goes to my cats.

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        It's like those people who eat 90% of their meal at a restaurant before grousing to a waiter about how "Terrible!" the food was and demanding a refund and complimentary food on their next visit. If there's something legitimately off about my food, I'm not shy about flagging down a server and asking (politely!) if I could have a do-over.
        Yep. One of the most obvious scams going. Unfortunately I got the impression this idiot got his refund.
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
          Yes, alas. Even with alcohol's purported sterilizing properties, I would not want to drink whatever's left in a leftover bottle. You'd have no clue how much "backwash" might be in there ...
          And that leftover beer is usually some that has been "processed."
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            It's like those people who eat 90% of their meal at a restaurant before grousing to a waiter about how "Terrible!" the food was and demanding a refund and complimentary food on their next visit.
            That's why waitstaff come round after you've started eating to ask, "Is everything OK?" So that if someone tries that trick after eating most of their meal, then since they said it was fine earlier, they haven't got a leg to stand on. Back at the pizza place, my boss always stood by a "three bites maximum" rule for food returns. If a customer had eaten more than three bites, then no matter how much they bitched, whined or cursed, they would not get a refund.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              If a customer had eaten more than three bites, then no matter how much they bitched, whined or cursed, they would not get a refund.
              I like your ex-manager! Unless there were other aspects to said manager's personality that contributed to them being your ex-manager, of course.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                I like your ex-manager! Unless there were other aspects to said manager's personality that contributed to them being your ex-manager, of course.
                Nah, he was cool. It was his second in command who made me leave; she was a total bitch. I found out three months after I left that she'd been sacked for embezzlement so karma caught up with her in the end.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I was at the supermarket and someone was at the service desk returning a 12-pack of beer. She was actually returning 10 bottles of the 12 pack, and wanted credit for the other two bottles which "tasted so bad they took one sip and dumped them out" and deposits on those bottles, too. At least she or her guests had only emptied two bottles.

Seriously, though...why buy a 12-pack of 'seasonal pumpkin spice' beer? Pumpkin doesn't belong in beer. Nutmeg or cinnamon or whatever the heck doesn't belong in beer, and the last thing I heard her say "They thought it was an IPA..."

No, lady, you couldn't have thought that. The cardboard carton had a big cartoon graphic of a pumpkin on it. Five sides. The only side that didn't was the bottom of the carton.

Comment

IT'S EVERYWHERRRRRE!!

I'd try pumpkin spice beer ... although I'd prefer to buy it one can at a time. Not nearly the waste if I decide I hate it.

Not far from The Mothership site where I work is a spa. They are offering special seasonal facials ... guess what kind of facials ...
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Don't worry -- They most likely don't contain pumpkin...but the spices one would normally add to a pumpkin pie. Generally speaking: ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice.

I don't even drink, and I don't think those would make for a very good beer o_O

Pix: Is it cucumber? It's cucumbers, isn't it?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Don't worry -- They most likely don't contain pumpkin...but the spices one would normally add to a pumpkin pie. Generally speaking: ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice.

I don't even drink, and I don't think those would make for a very good beer o_O

Pix: Is it cucumber? It's cucumbers, isn't it?
                        Depends on the flavoring . . . . Shock Top has a variety pack that contains a wickedly good Spiced Banana Wheat (sadly, I can't get just that one flavor in a 6 pk by itself - only in the variety pack.)

Now if I can find a variety pack of that . . . I'd be set for the rest of my vacation.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X