Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I made a Thing. (No, not THAT kind of 'thing', get yer mind outta the gutter!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I made a Thing. (No, not THAT kind of 'thing', get yer mind outta the gutter!)

Decided to have some fun with my 3d printer. Nephews and nieces are each getting a small 3d printed locking box for Christmas (among other things).

Oldest nephew is getting this box- https://www.thingiverse.com/make:416315.

Younger niece and nephew are each getting a box in their favorite colors, with keys to match. Oldest niece claims not to have a favorite color, so she's getting all the colors! Or at least a rainbow's worth.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Quoth Kittish View Post
    Decided to have some fun with my 3d printer. Nephews and nieces are each getting a small 3d printed locking box for Christmas (among other things).

Oldest nephew is getting this box- https://www.thingiverse.com/make:416315.

Younger niece and nephew are each getting a box in their favorite colors, with keys to match. Oldest niece claims not to have a favorite color, so she's getting all the colors! Or at least a rainbow's worth.
    That's nicely done, Kittish! Did you do the designs yourself? I've been wanting to get myself a 3D printer.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

No, I haven't even started learning how to make my own models yet. Fusion360 is kind of intimidating just to look at. Not the least bit intuitive, at least not to me and I don't really have time for the next couple of months to sit down and work my way through tutorials. Eventually I will, it'll be great for making the skeleton for a big leather jewelry box idea I've had sitting in my head for a couple of years now.

Right now I'm getting the files for stuff I'm printing mostly from Thingiverse, though I've gotten a couple of neat things from Cults and MyMiniFactory, too.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Got pics of all the boxes up in the original link now. The rainbow box turned out excellent, and the two blue boxes should go over well with their intended recipients.

Comment

On no, not a Thing! You'll never get rid of it.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X