This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thing I Looked At My Phone

I thought I was on from 2 to 11 tomorrow (Sunday). I'm on from 7 to 4.

It happened before where I had my schedule correctly logged into my phone's calender but for whatever reason I remembered it wrong. Usually it's a simple matter of punching in half-hour or an hour later, in which case I make up for it by staying later.

If I had dropped the ball this time, with our staff all ready being cut down due to attendance issues, I doubt I would have been able to fix it so easily.

This ever happen to you?
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Yep, a couple of times now. I've gone back to my old system of writing my shifts down on the big kitchen calendar, which I look at OFTEN. But even that hasn't guaranteed 100% no-mistake attendance.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      . But even that hasn't guaranteed 100% no-mistake attendance.
      Yeah, I'm not sure it would help in my case either.

Comment

I put stuff I NEED to remember into my phone calendar and set an alarm, usually for an hour before - that's enough time for me to get dressed in a hurry and get there by car if I've completely flaked and forgotten it until the alarm went off. If it's something I need to get up early for, I put a second reminder in for the day before.

I'd never be on time for anything without my electronic memory. :P

Comment

Due to a rotating shift pattern, more than once I found myself setting the wrong alarms - or worse, not setting one at all. Changed my phone calendar usage to include reminder alerts, and set the alert to a significantly louder and longer sound, and voilĂ  - instant alarms, just add^h^h^havoid hot water.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

At the fabric store a couple times I came in one or two hours different from what my schedule said. Like, it said 12 and I thought it said 1. And nobody ever called me when I didn't show up. They didn't even notice I wasn't there!
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It's happened to me twice. Once I was off for a few days with a nasty cold and really didn't care when I was supposed to go back. The other time was just a few months ago where I didn't have my schedule and figured if I was supposed to be there they'd call me. Sure enough I was supposed to be in at 8 am. Two times in 15 years I guess isn't too bad. I'm usually pretty good with knowing when I have to work.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Last week I came in to my part-time job (at a bookstore) on Tuesday... I used to work Tuesday and Thursday, but late last year I had to change to Wednesday and Friday (due to boss's health issues). Wound up working the extra day, as we're still dealing with sequelae from the other week's shelf collapse. (In the storeroom while nobody was there,, but it was pretty spectacular and we're still sorting some stuff out.)

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                  Last week I came in to my part-time job (at a bookstore) )
                  Still my dream job, even with all I know now.

Comment

Working...
                  X