This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer throwing a minor fit

"Miss Bossy" is one of our semi-regular library customers, and she's one of the few whom I avoid trying to interact with, if I can. This being for two reasons:

1. I have a difficult time understanding "Miss Bossy" when she talks - she's got a heavy accent, and has a very nasal, high-pitched tone. (picture Minnie Mouse talking while holding her nose, and that's the closest I can describe to how this woman sounds)

2. As her name indicates "Miss Bossy" has a tendency to be a little bossy and demanding, especially when it comes to getting staff assistance on using the public computers. (She's also known to get upset if you don't know how to do something on the computer, when she doesn't know how to do it herself)

Anyhow, so staff had a "lovely" encounter with Miss Bossy the other day - she came in about ten minutes before closing, and wanted to use one of our public Internet computers, said she only needed it for a few minutes. Which would've been fine, except that our public computers automatically shut off at a set time before closing, and staff are NOT able to override that.

Staff tried to explain this to Miss Bossy, but she was not quite getting it. She didn't have her library card with her, so I used her photo I.D. to try getting her on a computer, and the system wouldn't allow me to make a reservation. Miss Bossy didn't get sucky towards me personally, but she wasn't happy......complained that staff had wasted her time, ranted a bit in her native language, and left the library.

Funny part is that during her tantrum, Miss Bossy threw her headphones on the ground and left them at the library.....I wonder how long it's going to take her to notice or remember where she left them.

She'll probably accuse the library staff of stealing them
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      She'll probably accuse the library staff of stealing them
      I would hope not! I put them in our "Lost and Found" box, and attached a sticky note with the date they were "lost". So when/if Miss Bossy comes back and asks about the headphones, staff will know what to look for.

If she doesn't.....we do discard the "Lost and found" items after a certain period of time, but I'm not sure on the details. (another circulation staff member handles that)

Comment

Working...
      X