Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
    I know this is standard retail/customer service lingo, but when I'm calling CAA (Canadian version of AAA) to get a battery boost or tow because my car battery is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD ... having the CAA employee end the call with a cheery "Have a good day!" is just kinda ... surreal.
    It’s even worse if you’re calling a lawyer. Seriously?! I’m calling a lawyer what part of my day is good in that event? I’ve had it at hospitals too and it’s just so weird. I get that it’s the standard in customer service but sometimes...
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

• One of the kids incoming to my son's preschool is named Covert.

If that's their official name, then it's really not, though, is it?
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        One of the kids incoming to my son's preschool is named Covert.

If that's their official name, then it's really not, though, is it?
        Oh geez, and I thought it was bad enough when I had kids in one of my teaching prac classes with the names Pierah, Indigo and Seren (the latter I actually like, the other two were just...wha???)

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
          Oh geez, and I thought it was bad enough when I had kids in one of my teaching prac classes with the names Pierah, Indigo and Seren (the latter I actually like, the other two were just...wha???)
          Pierah, apparently, is an aboriginal name meaning the moon. I actually quite like it.

Indigo? Well, I suppose it's not too bad since it sounds quite namey, plus I quite like the colour. My problem would be I would have "My name is Ingio Montaya. You killed my father. Prepare to die" running through my head on a loop.

Seren? That appears to be a shop in London, and the name brings to mind clingfilm i.e. Saran Wrap.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• "Maple cotton candy tastes way better than fiberglass."

And other sentences I should avoid using at my coming check up.
            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• Seren is Welsh for star ��and is my darling goddaughter's name.
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Still getting back-to-school ads. So, given the pace and price of technology, why are graphing calculators still a hundred bucks?
                Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• It's 2019, and Snoop Dogg is on Storybots. Is this what it's like to get old?

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                    Still getting back-to-school ads. So, given the pace and price of technology, why are graphing calculators still a hundred bucks?
                    Back-to-school...they've only been out two weeks here! Still another three and a bit weeks left to go...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Listening to Anna Russell satirize the hell out of "The Ring of the Nibelungen."
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                        Still getting back-to-school ads. So, given the pace and price of technology, why are graphing calculators still a hundred bucks?
                        My high school was aware of this being an issue.
                        Because of that AND the fact that the state had set rules on which graphics calculators you were and weren't allowed to use for the exam, my school ended up making a rule that the students had to pay a refundable deposit (still far cheaper than actually purchasing a graphics calculator) to hire one through the library.

Didn't stop the students from using them to play games and whatnot, but it meant that the school could ask for them to be returned in advance of the exam, ensure that they were wiped clean by the IT department and then have them ready on exam day.

Comment

• Yeah, I was pretty sure that iced coffee on the way home at 9:30 at night was a bad idea ... she sez at 4:47 a.m. ...
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• The Nerd World Series is on. All week it's been DOTA this, DOTA that. For me, all it means is I don't get to watch anything I want on TV for a week

Comment

• TIL Disney owns the rights to M*A*S*H (through 20th Century Fox)

Does this mean Maxwell Klinger is a Disney princess?
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• When Disney bought Fox, they got Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I don't see Tim Curry as a Disney Princess. More like a Queen.
                                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                                Save the Ales!
                                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X