This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Arcus View Post
    This has been a bad year for heat. Many areas that just don't get very hot have been dealing with temps way over what is normal for them. This does require warnings to go out. People that are not used to the heat just don't know what is needed to keep from ending up in the hospital... or worse. This is no different than people that live in a hot place trying to deal with snow for the first time
    Words cannot express how happy I am that I bought a second-hand a/c unit when I first moved in. I had come from my mother's home which had central a/c, and I was pretty sure I would need this ... and I was right.

My apartment building has opened the penthouse (e.g. the party rooms ) as available at any time day or night to residents only during periods of extreme heat. They have also opened the ground-floor Breakfast Club room to people doing their laundry on that floor. I went in there one day and wished I had brought along a parka, LOL.

It has gotten a bit cooler on a couple of days, but I found that turning off my a/c and opening my windows rarely brought any of that cooler air into my apartment. I think I will just wait until October 1 or sometime thereabouts to finally turn it off for good ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      It has gotten a bit cooler on a couple of days, but I found that turning off my a/c and opening my windows rarely brought any of that cooler air into my apartment. I think I will just wait until October 1 or sometime thereabouts to finally turn it off for good ...
      If the wind isn't in the right direction to blow straight in, then you need to either open another window roughly opposite and make sure all the doors are open between them to get airflow, or set up a couple of fans at a reasonably high point in the room to blow the warmer air towards the window. A bit of a slow method, but it does work in the end.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
      X