This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behavioural interview questions

A behavioural interview is one where they ask you questions and you give actual examples of what you DID do under such circumstances. I blew an interview with my city's transit agency a couple of years ago because I let a couple of questions throw me. I studied, I was prepared, and not a single one of the questions that I had in mind was asked. Here's the questions I remember them asking:

Describe an occasion when a co-worker was having a hard time and you helped.
    Describe a time when another driver put you in danger.
    Give an example of a time when you multi-tasked at work.
    Describe an unusual situation and what you did to resolve it.

Those are the ones I remember, I've got another interview and I don't want to blow it this time, anybody got other questions that you have seen used?
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

hmm most of the ones I remember are closely related to the criminal justice field, and the ethics involved, so may not be useful for you in anyway haha, but some generic ones that I can think of would be

Describe...

..a time when you and your supervisor had a conflict and how you resolved it

..a time when you had to (coach, write up, discipline) someone under you and how did you handle it

...what steps would you take if you witnessed an employer stealing something high value from the company? what about something low in value?

..how you handle a conflict of interest?

..what you would do if you were behind on a project and feeling overwhelmed?

Comment

I would just assume that you need to be ready for the "psych questions" companies use to weed out new applicants, on top of what you've already seen -- e.g. ones that basically boil down to "How often do you steal [time/supplies, and therefore money] from the company?" ("Never" is assumed to be a lie) -- "When a CW refused to do his job, how long did it take before you just did it for him?" -- "How scrupulous are you about possible safety violations?" ...meaning: "On average, how many complaints do you file?" ("We've got a whiner, here")
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A good way to answer interview questions is the star technique:

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-t...hnique-2061629

S: Situation
        T: Task
        A: Action
        R: Result

Basically you give an example of the skill they're asking about via example. First explain what the situation was, what your task was, explain the actions you took, and then what results were achieved.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
        X