No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for pgymies, at least it's cheaper and easier to hem pants rather than make them longer. Says the woman shopping for school uniforms for a 5"6, 90-pound 11-year-old.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Does quick check...90lb...that's 6 1/2 stone..and at 5'6..that's tall and slim for sure! You been putting her on the rack or something?
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• He's super thin. But he eats like a ravenous polar bear. His dad was the same way when he was younger. Kinda sucks since I am only 5"5 and...considerably heavier.

Comment

• Actually he might weigh more now as I haven't checked in a while. Closer to 100 pounds, maybe, but not more than that. You can see all his vertebrae.

Edit: Got curious, checked, he's exactly 100 pounds.
          Last edited by AnaKhouri; 07-16-2020, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            As for pgymies, at least it's cheaper and easier to hem pants rather than make them longer.
            True, but that was not helpful at all in the 90's, when every single pair of women's smart-casual trousers were flipping boot-cut. Needless to say, I switched to skirts.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• 12:40 a.m. and my phone just rang ... with the double-ring that indicates it's somebody calling from the lobby.

WTF?

And no, I didn't answer it.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• My son received two books for his birthday from his aunt & uncle.

Uncle (joking): Are you going to read those in one day?

Son (dead serious): It will take me two days because there are two books.

Comment

• Tattling on a friend: If you hold the book right, it will protect your face when you walk into things.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I've asked about M&Ms, how about favorite Oreo variants?

I'm simple: mint, or good ol' double-stuffed.
                    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                      I've asked about M&Ms, how about favorite Oreo variants?
                      Other than the classic? That's my favorite. I'd say peanut butter as my favorite non-classic flavor.

Random summertime thoughts living in an apartment complex. Also I've been out wandering a lot walking a neighbor's dog. Nobody has A/C so we all have our windows open. Common things I hear, tv shows (I try to guess what they're watching), video games, phone conversation, one specific lady talks to me through the window and it's odd because due to the angle I can't see her so I'm strolling with the dog and hear "a cat was over there earlier! he probably smells the cat!" out of actual nowhere.

Then I think my neighbors probably hear random laughing from my apartment because I watch funny videos with headphones on... So they don't hear what I'm watching just... laughing.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I made a writer Instagram (Bookstagram!) account and within one minute my mother-in-law followed me. I didn't know she was on there! I told my husband and he said, 'Well, that's just great. Why's my mother on Instagram? ANOTHER social media platform where our parents can watch everything we do!'

It really is annoying. I'm 41 and can't swear on Facebook bevause my mom geys mad...

Comment

I made a writer Instagram (Bookstagram!) account and within one minute my mother-in-law followed me. I didn't know she was on there!
                          Gonna guess you're both on Facebook? You can thank The Zuck!

Comment

It really is annoying. I'm 41 and can't swear on Facebook bevause my mom geys mad...
                            ...so? You're an adult.
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• I know. It's just easier not to deal with it. Thank God I have no relatives on Twitter! 😄

****""

Dear Online Retailer: I ordered a jigsaw puzzle. It's not going to break. You didn't have to wrap it in 10 yards of inflated plastic and bubble wrap. I would like my children to inherit a habitable planet.

Thanks, An Avid Recycler

Comment

• I'm getting a sudden load of spam texts....from email addresses. Anyone know how I can block that crap?
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X