Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Keep a log for a while and email it to the manager. I did that with slam-things-into-the-bedroom-wall guy and I think he moved. He seemed nice, would always say hi, but was probably just totally clueless as to how his actions affect others. Now the chair that was on the balcony is gone and there are tons of plants so I'm fairly sure someone new is there. I never hear ANYTHING. I learned from here to document. It helps.
    Alas, it's the house across the street from mine, not an apartment. This happens a couple times during the summer, usually, and once my initial bout of wanting to take the hose to 'em passes, I'm fine. I'd be more concerned about what kind of gathering requires several hours of incredibly loud music, when there's a plague on.
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
      AI'd be more concerned about what kind of gathering requires several hours of incredibly loud music, when there's a plague on.
      Does your city/state/municipality have a gathering ban/limit?
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• I'm going to get fired for lack of productivity and maybe that's a good thing because I cannot work from home anymore. The distractions and interruptions are ridiculous, from the woman behind me attacking her sink and counters to the loud flexing in the parking lot to the door slamming for no reason. Why are people doing their level best to damage this building??????????????????????? I cannot WAIT until I'm in a house. Two months, guys; two months!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I don't know why you hate your shower so much or why you're doing whatever you're doing to it, but as much as I like my view and other features of this apartment, I will be SO GLAD to not have to live behind you anymore.

Comment

• Annnnd the people upstairs have caused water to drip into my apartment again, 4th time. This time it's the 3rd floor that had a leak, and probably didn't know it. But the 2nd floor, right above me, had water dripping onto their floor, which got flooded, which no one reported. It got reported when it dripped down to US. I am so sick of this crap. It's a huge family with what I think are 3 or 4 adults and 3 kids, they need to GO. I lodged a complaint about the constant flooding, and I lodged a complaint about the constant nerve jarring noise of the kids running and jumping on their floor/my ceiling. I'm so OVER it.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Totally unacceptable!! That is a major health hazard. They need to move you into another unit.

Comment

Totally unacceptable!! That is a major health hazard. They need to move you into another unit.
                OH nononono I'm not moving anywhere, that is way too much of a hassle and I'm too disabled to deal with that shit. THEY will move. It would be fine if responsible people lived up there. I plan on staying put.

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                  OH nononono I'm not moving anywhere, that is way too much of a hassle and I'm too disabled to deal with that shit. THEY will move. It would be fine if responsible people lived up there. I plan on staying put.
                  I know that feeling. I lived in a small apartment in which I swear, one wall was made out of cardboard. I heard nothing from the apartment on the other side of me, but on the side with the thin wall, I could hear my neighbour put a fork down on his table.

So then he moved out and some hard-drinking party animal moved in, and played his music at the max at all hours of the day and night ... and management wouldn't do anything about it.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Jesus Christ, FOUR TIMES?! That is completely unacceptable. I had the ceiling of my bathroom collapse in ONCE last summer, and that was due mainly to some faulty pipes. My landlord completely repaired it within about two weeks (a big chunk of which was during a vacation I was heading off for just a few days before the ceiling came down).

Hound your landlord about getting that family out.

Comment

• I've got the initial noise complaint in, so any time they make a noise now I will complain again. Unfortunately they've been quiet since then. Gee I guess it IS possible to teach your damn kids to walk instead of run and jump huh? We're trying to hex them out of there lol.

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        I've got the initial noise complaint in, so any time they make a noise now I will complain again. Unfortunately they've been quiet since then. Gee I guess it IS possible to teach your damn kids to walk instead of run and jump huh? We're trying to hex them out of there lol.
                        I think I've got some good-sized old-fashioned hatpins around if you need them ...
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          I think I've got some good-sized old-fashioned hatpins around if you need them ...
                          HAHAHA I will keep that in mind thank you

Comment

• I just texted my mom to apologize for every time I ever slammed the door as a kid. She agreed that yes, we totally drove her up a wall with that. I am now getting payback with the neighbors. They seem intent upon socializing with a BBQ during a pandemic and are disturbing me trying to work in the process. arrrrrgh

Comment

... every time I ever slammed the door as a kid...
                              If she'd only had Don White's advice: Replace the swingers with vinyl accordion doors and die laughing watching the attempts to "slam"!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth April View Post
                                I have the drug dealers across the street. Quiet neighborhood, suddenly we have a stream of constant traffic, pulling up, staying for 5 minutes or less, then leaving. Parking in front of people's driveways, the fire hydrant and in the road. You can smell the weed from across the street. People yelling out nasty remarks if someone looks at them. I've begun copying down license plate numbers
                                Several years ago I got a call from my mother. Apparently her parents' house had been ... raided by the cops as a drug den.

We were pretty sure the rumbling noise we could hear was Grandpa spinning in his grave.
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X