This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can one deal with annoying pals? *VERY LONG*

So, I have a friend. I have ranted about him many...many...many times. But I would love to have any mental shielding defeneses, as he has slowly been draining everyone I have.

He's 27 years old, and still lives at home. No big deal. I do too. However he doesn't need to pay rent. Hell, he BITCHS when he has to do something like mow the lawn, or god forbid help his dad who just had heart surgury. Not only do I pay half the rent/bills, but when my home had her heart surgery, I waited on her hand and foot. When his ex dumped him for his clinginess, she tried to be his friend. Which resulted in many many crying on his half, ususally on her and me at the same time in his car after going somewhere, so we were both basically hostages. If I tried to hug him during that times, he would say it won't help, because I'm not a girl and only girls have the magical power of healing. After he gave a car to her family, tried to invite her parents out to dinner because /they/ were his /friends/, she had to move out of state to get him out of her life.

Speaking of woman, boy does he have low regard for them I think. He stares at boobs because /he's/ a guy and allowed to, but when he did date his last two girls, he treatd them like children. Like he was the savior and god, and can't live without him. His girlfriend before his last one dumped him over that, and he sprayed painted a giant I *Heart shape* Girls name on his car, because he was trying to be a neat friend. He loved her. As a friend. He never goes out, and expects a girl to /fall/ into his lap. Because that's how love happens in his eyes.
    Although he respects and admires my ability to ask girls out.

He disrespects my clothing style at times. (I have a bit of sloppy, clothes aren't dirty, but they're relaxed and comfortable). He goes bananas if I have my belt on backwards. He claims no girl will date me if I have a belt on backwards. (1: If a girl would choose not talk to me, it won't be because of my belt, it'll be my eyes, and 2: I wouldn't want a girl who so conciented, she won't give a guy a chance over a freaking belt that I don't even think really has /way/ of going on).

He is insanly jealous of my friend, RedHeadOfDoom (User here), because we seem to be closer, even though J has known me far longer and been through alot with me. Its hard to explain WHY, but me and Redhead just are. We have the same attitude, same humor, same job, and in general agree on alot. He also doesn't like RedHead because he use to do drugs, has a near minimal wage job, and oh, is married with a child and he doesn't get WHY he does when he can't). Redhead and I can swing insults at each other so fast, but its all in fun and nether of us mean it. We love each other very much and have huge respect for each other. My friend hates it if a throw a insult at him. Which is typically funny. I can tell a joke, a noninsulting joke, make a room full of people laugh, but if I say it to him, and he'll flat out say that just because YOU think it's funny, doesn't mean it is!". He just doesn't see the need for insult banner, and thinks that as his best friend, I never should insult him because he would never ever abandon me and has been there for everything for me from my suicide attempts, to my accidental overdose on sleeping pills, to my ex dumping me.

Speaking of my ex, he hated her for real no reason other then the fact she was dating me, and thus taking up my time and changing me, though I was the same during it.

My most recently beef with him, is the fact he attacked his stepdad emontionally very bad lately. His stepdad has revealed that he is getting a sex change. Desipite the fact his mom has said several times she is ok with it, that they haven't had sex in years, will still live together, and the fact a blind man, from another planet, who never even heard of different genders, could tell his stepdad should have been a woman, he still acts like this is the biggest problem in the world and that his mom and him will never be ok with it).

I rambled enough. He is a good friend. HE REALLY IS. I can count on him. It just his mannerisms are really, really really starting to get on me.

I've tried talking to him, but the boy has such huge abandment issules, he'll go in a crying game and start screaming at me that he never has done anything against me and why am I acting like this. He cries and complains everyone has abandon him, and I know why. He acts like a stalker pscyhopath.

But he can be funny. Has helped me alot. Tends to be a nice guy at times, and I can rant at him about customers alot. I tried offering him a job, but he refuses a minimal wage job. Despite him having no education. Hell, he only got his ged like 3 years ago, and decided to take a year off from schooling to rest.
    Then he got a job at car wash, and held it for a while, made good money. But he always disagreed with the boss, and once he got two customer complaints, he was let go. Now he is fighting for unemployment, and going to /rest/ for a while before looking for another job because he is so stressed out about losing his job and his stepdad becoming a woman.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Quoth Plaidman View Post

I rambled enough. He is a good friend. HE REALLY IS. I can count on him. It just his mannerisms are really, really really starting to get on me.
    Is he really? I dont mean that as a smart ass, but what youve described does not sound like a good friend, or even a friend at all.

Hes disrespectful of EVERYONE and expects to be spoonfed a highpaying job, a girlfriend and people who dote and admire his every step. Hes also never wrong. ( sounds like my sister!!)

You staying as a friend and talking to him, speaks much for you. But @ 27 he most likely will not change. This sounds like it may be something you have to accept from him, recognizing his inability to change and just deal with his mannerisms. Or take a friendship break (may turn into a permanent break), regardless of his psychopath stalker abilites.

I understand how frustrating it is to deal with someone who bitches constantly but does nothing to change their situation. You can only focus on yourself and continue to do what you know is right.
    Last edited by Amina516; 12-16-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X