This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do :(

So about 6 years or so ago I had a friend on aim that I liked to talk to. Well, I've long since forgotten the password to that aim account. The other day I decided to look him up on facebook and cool, he's on there.

I don't know whether or not to add him. Is 6 years too long? He's not someone I ever actually met. We just had some im conversations, thats all.

I'm just scared that he either won't remember me or that I'll look like some kind of weird facebook stalker.

A lot of people use FB to reconnect with people they haven't talked to in a long time. Then again, a lot of people try to friend every single person they've ever heard of too.....

I say send an invite, refer to how you knew this person and see if they accept. They worst that could happen is that they ignore you, right?
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

Seconded. What have you got to lose? Send a message and give your old username. If they remember, fine - if not, or don't care, you've lost nothing.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thirded.

I just reconnected with a guy I used to play Magic: The Gathering with back in NC. I haven't spoke to him in nearly 5 years!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thanks, I did exactly what you all said. Now let's just see how this goes O_o.

Comment

I have reconnected on Facebook with people from far longer than 6 years ago. There have been several from various times in my life, but the most appropriate for making a point in this thread is my friend Jeff, who I had not seen or talked to since, oh, 1982. There are a lot of members here who weren't even born then. So yeah, it's never too late.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I am FB friends with people from high school...who I have not even so much as thought of, let alone spoken to, since we graduated (or hell, even before). Most of them contacted me when I signed up because I did seek out a few people, and then everyone of their friends that has my high school listed gets that "so-and-so just became friends with such-and-such...maybe you know them too!" message. I still don't talk to them on FB.

I also have a number of friends from here, who, quite frankly, I don't know who they are because I don't connect their real name with their screen name.

Figure, either he'll ignore the request; accept it, say hi, and you'll become one of those people who randomly pops up in the news feed; or you'll resume an actual relationship to some degree.
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-16-2010, 08:24 PM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, I added him and he accepted the friend request. I dunno if he remembers who I am though or if he's just one of those people who accepts anyone who sends him one.

Comment

Working...
                X