This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Hate to say it, but nice got me nowhere for a long time. Just remember to keep the anger focused on the company, not the people, but make sure they know you are upset. People might say that is going into SC territory, but when nice has been tried and it fails..time to not be so nice.
    Mytical is right about this...you need to get sucky on the credit reporting agencies (sidenote: a recent GAO report shows every other credit file to have erroneous information). File a complaint with the FTC and your state's AG.
    A message board to consider for more tips on this sort of thing:

Debtor Boards
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Mytical is right about this...you need to get sucky on the credit reporting agencies (sidenote: a recent GAO report shows every other credit file to have erroneous information). File a complaint with the FTC and your state's AG.
      A message board to consider for more tips on this sort of thing:

Debtor Boards
      If you werent married, Id kiss ya...

I just did both (filed with AG and FTC). I hope this gets results. Im tired of being tired of this.

And actually, Ill probably call them again in a bit.. Lol.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        If you werent married, Id kiss ya...
        So are you come to think of it.
        Just as well as Mrs. TGK (I have got to find a handle for her) is insanely jealous.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          So are you come to think of it.
          Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Thanks though. Ill keep you updated if I hear anything.

Comment

BBB and AG letters are very effective, but they take time to be processed. Good luck!
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              BBB and AG letters are very effective, but they take time to be processed. Good luck!
              BBB said at least 30 days before I ask about where they are.. AG didnt give me a time limit, or a confirmation code (FTC and BBB did), so we'll see.

Im hopeful. I just want this BS OFF my credit reports!

Comment

Still no word.

BBB said to give them 30 days. Its been 2 weeks... I hate waiting.

Comment

SUCCESS!!!!

Comment

At last .

Comment

I got a letter from the BBB telling me they received a response. I go to the site to check it out and the car co. has removed the delinquencies from the reports !! They go on to say that theyre sorry for my inconvenience and they have clealy fallen short of the mark on customer service for me...

I double checked by ordered my free annual credit reports and it had been removed off of all three!!

SUCK IT!
                      YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Now don't waste time getting the docs for your loan app together.

When we did that (late 2000 to early '01) we had to supply tax returns bank statements and pay slips (this was before the rise of NINJA loans) and even vehicle titles. Mrs. TGK had to call a favor from the payroll official b/c her overtime pay slips were different from regular pay slips--he had to fax a statement explaining this quirk in his software to the underwriter.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Its waiting for me.

The house I fell in love with like 4 months ago.

Well, its been taken off the market 2 times, both b/c of offers. And twice its been put back and at a lower price (no, i dont know why though I guess that should be a small concern for me).

I swear,I feel like this house is waiting for me. Its still too soon to be house hunting in seriousness, but Im crossing my fingers that this may be the house for my family and I.

If not..there are seriously a TON of homes in the area for decent prices. This one is just perty.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                            The house I fell in love with like 4 months ago.

Well, its been taken off the market 2 times, both b/c of offers. And twice its been put back and at a lower price (no, i dont know why though I guess that should be a small concern for me).
                            No, it should be a major concern if the reason for the lowering prices has anything to do with flaws found. Not all states have disclosure laws and foreclosures are exempt from disclosure laws in most states.

Consider a home inspector before signing.

Keep in mind that Florida does not have the insect-killing winters that we enjoy up north, so there could well be an insect or vermin problem that you will have to deal with.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

I would NEVER buy a house without an inspection.

That being said...im hoping that its been falling through from lack of funding on the buyers part or something like that...

*fingers crossed* Ill email the realtor tomorrow to ask if she knows.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                                I would NEVER buy a house without an inspection.
                                Smart.
                                Quoth Amina516 View Post
                                That being said...im hoping that its been falling through from lack of funding on the buyers part or something like that...
                                Analysts tell us that Florida was seriously overbuilt--so that's entirely possible.
                                Quoth Amina516 View Post
                                *fingers crossed* Ill email the realtor tomorrow to ask if she knows.
                                Be sure to cite disclosure laws when you do--that gives her little choice but to give a straight answer.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...
                                X