Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for all the wrong reasons...(long and Ranty)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for all the wrong reasons...(long and Ranty)

And I know it shouldn't bother me since it's still HELP, but god if their reasons weren't so obnoxious, I'd be a lot happier about it. That, and I had to talk to my Crazy Ass Grandmother. Why is she crazy? She claims that 'The Mexicans' that she bought cheese from spiked it with weed, and that she knows that my dark poems I showed her were from me being depressed about 9/11 (WAY before that moment, mind you), and that God was with me at all times to help with said non-existent grief. Also, my sister apparently steals pocketknives from her trailer. Totally.

Oh, and she heard that I was visiting my parents in 2 months by myself. Did I want to let her buy a ticket for my boyfriend so that he can accompany me on the perilous flight? Y'know, when I got here alone, by plane, by myself before? She shut up when I gave an inflated price, and it's not even any of her business. If she really wanted to know, she could have asked why he wasn't coming with me. I've already asked him, and he said no.

So yeah....

She lives in Arizona, which is about the only thing I gathered before she threw a bunch of 'dem guvmints screwing me over' at me, and my brain stopped a little. She mentioned that there's a large mining mountain over there, and that there's a couple people who mine in the area that have gorgeous stone (and turquoise!) beads for really cheap. That's perfectly fine, I wouldn't mind getting some at all! Even if she's...off her rocker a bit, if she wants to be nice and get me something, I don't mind at all. Then, she just pushed one of my trigger buttons.

"And you can sell these for a LOT of money! Just put ONE on there, and then some plastic beads or something, and then you can sell them for $40 a pop!"

1) Do not tell me how to do my fucking art.

2) I make this stuff to be high quality. I don't need, nor care for advice to use FAKE BEADS on stuff that I want to be high quality.

3) Are you making these necklaces and bracelets? Because last I checked, I was, which means you should just be nice, say that they're good quality and could be a nice addition to a necklace, and let me do my thing. I know you're trying to help and say they could boost the monetary value, but right now, I haven't even SOLD ONE yet. I haven't even gotten good pictures, put them on Etsy, or even gotten a direct compliment on it. I still have a long way to go before I get to a level where I will be comfortable doing so. So please, kindly shove off.

4) Just trust me to do what I do, and you won't have this problem with me being mad at you. I highly doubt this will happen, and this is why I'm glad that you're in a completely different state when I'm going to visit my (already crazy) parents.

My mother does this crap too. Again, with wanting me to get good money and blablabla. Here's the thing: My boyfriend is on SSI, therefore contributing, and I make close to $900 a month. I have plenty of money. No, I don't want a managerial or nursing career. It's cute that you think I'd make a good fitting room girl when I don't give a damn about fashion. Let. Me. Live. My. Life.

Any way of telling this nicely? That was the whole point of this.
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Just say "Thanks for the idea(s)/advice" [whichever is fitting] and then go along your merry way.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Don't have any advice for you, but when you get them up on Etsy, would you send me a link? I love turquoise, and I'd rather buy from someone I 'know'.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Amusement Gal View Post
        Let. Me. Live. My. Life.

Any way of telling this nicely?
        "Dear Interfering Relative,

Fuck off."

...oh, you meant NICELY.

Well...let's see if I still retain any sympathy for humanity...

"Dear Relative,

I appreciate your concern. If I need any of your suggestions, I'll be sure to remember to call upon you in the future. Thanks again."

Well, whaddya know, I am still capable of rendering care. Hmm. This must be remedied. *goes to read more Gravekeeper*
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          Don't have any advice for you, but when you get them up on Etsy, would you send me a link? I love turquoise, and I'd rather buy from someone I 'know'.
          Sure! If you want, I can give you pictures of the beads I have, and you can choose what you want on it, style, etc? If I know what I'm doing, I can get a sucker done in a couple hours. My only problem is that I don't have any good clasps, but I can fix that soon enough. I'm going to get the turquoise in about a month, so it'll be a little wait. I do have some small chips of it though.

Though if you want to see some of my necklaces, they are in my deviantART. I'll PM it to you if you want to see some of those. It's hard to get 'em in with work.

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
          "Dear Interfering Relative,

Fuck off."

...oh, you meant NICELY.

Well...let's see if I still retain any sympathy for humanity...

"Dear Relative,

I appreciate your concern. If I need any of your suggestions, I'll be sure to remember to call upon you in the future. Thanks again."
          Once everything is out of their house and I have all of my stuff, I'm going to say that for realsies. Because I know that if I say the 'nice' one, they're going to think that I still want to hear it. >.> That, and my WHOLE FAMILY does this. They deserve a telling off every once in a while.
          My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

I'm going to get the turquoise in about a month, so it'll be a little wait. I do have some small chips of it though.
            That perfect, my birthday is in a little over a month, if it waits until then, I won't have to talk myself out of buying myself another birthday present, 'cause I already got mine, dammit.

Though if you want to see some of my necklaces, they are in my deviantART. I'll PM it to you if you want to see some of those. It's hard to get 'em in with work.
            I'd like that.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

"Thank you for the advice. I will certainly think about it."

I find that an excellent general purpose answer for advice, wanted or unwanted. Useful or not.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
              X