Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll post! I kinda saw no one else was posting, and part of me decided it wasn't that kind of thread.

This morning, I started a bodyweight strength training routine to accompany my running. It's the rank beginner routine over on the bodyweightfitness subreddit, and I can't even do all the exercises, but I started.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

It was supposed to be that kind of thread...a workout group where we try to stay accountable to each other but then no one followed when I posted my first time so I gave it a bit to let someone add something.

Comment

Did week 2.3 of Zombies, 5K this morning. Temperature is beginning to become an issue, I may have to suck it up an join a gym this winter. I also have no idea how I'm supposed to do next week. Suddenly goes from 30 second runs to a one five minute, the rest one minute. I can barely do the 30 seconds, so that's going to be interesting.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          ... I can barely do the 30 seconds, so that's going to be interesting.
          Go to pound, adopt a Jogging Dog. It's a special breed that can guarantee you will run...

Half Wolf, half Chainsaw.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            Did week 2.3 of Zombies, 5K this morning. Temperature is beginning to become an issue, I may have to suck it up an join a gym this winter. I also have no idea how I'm supposed to do next week. Suddenly goes from 30 second runs to a one five minute, the rest one minute. I can barely do the 30 seconds, so that's going to be interesting.
            There are some gyms that have special winter rates but you have to ask for them. Some just do monthly ones with no contract too.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Go to pound, adopt a Jogging Dog. It's a special breed that can guarantee you will run...
              I already have a dog. He doesn't run. Nor does he fetch. Or swim. Or go outside in the rain. He a labradoodle. Two water retrieval dogs, he does neither.

Comment

While all the smart phone apps are nice, don't discount the support from a thread like this. Over at etiquette hell we have a gigantic support thread for those of us trying to get fit. We have people from those who are obese with other medical issues just trying to get a little bit of activity going to others who are training for marathons. It's an amazing support group. I've been off the wagon, so to speak, but it still remains a huge source of support, even during these dark times. I'm pretty sure the reason I've managed to lose over 50 pounds is the support and accountability I get over there. Maybe this thread can turn into something like that for this site?
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Who said I was discounting it? No one had been responding before and I was going to delete it.

Comment

My apologies for the miscommunication. I'm not always good with my words.

I didn't mean that you in particular were discounting it. I meant it just as a general statement that these types of threads can be a great source of support.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I walked the neighborhood today. It's a bit under a mile. Carried my baby in a sash and had the dog with me
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                        I walked the neighborhood today. It's a bit under a mile. Carried my baby in a sash and had the dog with me
                        So it was a good walk with a good weight resistance....err...the kiddling. :P how did you feel afterwards?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          I was kinda hoping people would be posting to this but since it's been mostly a no go...I'm going to delete the thread tonight. Thanks anyways. :/
                          Quoth Aethian View Post
                          Who said I was discounting it? No one had been responding before and I was going to delete it.
                          OK this wasn't necessary, thread closed.
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                          X