This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long distance relationship advice

Just found out my girlfriend cannot come down for Easter due to money issues. Where we live you have to have your car inspections every 2 years . Turns out hers will need some repairs.

I offended to split the costs of the trip but she said she can't have me do that.

She wants me to come to Her.

Its a full days drive 8 hrs.

I only 4 days free as she would have If coming here.

I wish we could meet half way but then the hotel would add to the cost.

I realize she originally offered to come here but now I feel like it's me doing all the offering as she turned down my suggestions about splitting cost or meeting half way.

I really do want to see her though.

Looking for some advice from someone not involved!

So how is you helping her with travel costs different from you paying travel costs to visit her? Bit of a logic breakdown there. Maybe she doesn't trust her vehicle now, though, since she found out she'll need to make a number of repairs to it.

I'd agree that meeting halfway is the least workable idea, it increases the costs either or both of you would incur.

I'd be inclined to go with you visiting her if you're both agreeable to the change in plans.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Have you looked into renting a car for the trip? Around here, I can get a sub compact for about $30.00/day. As I am 6'4", I would not want to drive most sub compact for 8 hours, but...
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        So how is you helping her with travel costs different from you paying travel costs to visit her? Bit of a logic breakdown there. Maybe she doesn't trust her vehicle now, though, since she found out she'll need to make a number of repairs to it.
        This was my thinking to.

I just felt it's only fair if we take turns so to speak. Last time I visited her at her brothers birthday .

Comment

I just felt it's only fair if we take turns so to speak. Last time I visited her at her brothers birthday .
          You have to be flexible about this, though. Sometimes it's not possible to even things out that way.

Would you be happier going, or not going? If you go, maybe you can go with her to get the repairs seen to and then you'll feel better knowing the problem has been solved.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ya that's valid. And a good idea .

Comment

Well we broke up. I am trying to keep busy but it's hard since I got back. Really hard. The long distance and keeping up the spark was a big part of it. Plus I am friends with her family which is how we met .went to college with her brother . So long time friends . Anyways bit of an update for you guys.

Comment

Quoth 50 mission cap View Post
                Well we broke up. I am trying to keep busy but it's hard since I got back. Really hard. The long distance and keeping up the spark was a big part of it. Plus I am friends with her family which is how we met .went to college with her brother . So long time friends . Anyways bit of an update for you guys.
                Aw that sucks. Sorry to hear that. {{hugs}}
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                X