Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

50c a night!
Old 04-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Default 50c a night!

I found this amazing little book amongst all the other junk that people decide to donate to us :

'Where to stay in the USA from 50c to $7 a night'
As it says in the blurb-'We received a letter telling us 'You must be kidding or out of your minds. For $5 you can't even get accommodation in a tent,so you're wasting your time'. We are delighted to say the person who wrote that was completely and absolutely wrong-we have uncovered hundreds of places to stay. Some of them are quite luxurious- 4 bedroom suites with kitchen and bath and a swimming pool on the premises if you are prepared to pay $5 a night'

The catch being...it's from 1975,but if you have your time machine all fired up, it's got a whole host of interesting places to kip down and even tells you whether states are good,bad or evil for hitchhiking...
(Hint:for Alabama,it just says 'Have you seen Easy Rider?')

I think I'm going to direct my time machine to Eugene,Oregon and 'Mama's Home Fried Truck Stop-3 sourdough pancakes and bottomless coffee for 85c and for dinner stirfried veggies and rice with salad,beans and fresh bread for another 85c' and visit the market at 8th and Oak which supplies 'crafts,music,mime,food,puppies and kittens'(!)

Old 04-10-2020, 06:15 PM
Chairman of the Board

Even in the 1970s ... 50 cents a NIGHT??

And I'll bet Alabama just loved that mention ...

Old 04-10-2020, 09:15 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
Even in the 1970s ... 50 cents a NIGHT??
The .50/night probably involves hostels, campgrounds, or their moral equivalents. Last I've heard, the hostel network is doing better than ever, and still a pretty cheap option. Not just for young folks either, there's a whole sub-network of "elder hostels".