This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Advice From Women Needed

So you are going back to a guy's apartment. You get into his room...and there is a scientific poster for a presentation on the wall next to his bed. What goes through your mind?

Too big a nerd?
    Sexy smart guy?
    Cocaine!
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

For me: sexy smart guy and "I wonder what that is?"

But I don't know that I'm the typical representation of women.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      For me: sexy smart guy and "I wonder what that is?"

But I don't know that I'm the typical representation of women.

Me too.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hmmm lets see the poster and then I'll give you my answer.

Comment

I would probably think that he is a college student.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
            I would probably think that he is a college student.
            Why? Few college students get to do this. This isn't an arts and crafts kind of poster.

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/b...aineposter.jpg
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              Why? Few college students get to do this. This isn't an arts and crafts kind of poster.
              Well, when I see "presentation poster" I think of something one would present in class. Honestly, I don't know what science students do or talk about, as I'm on the complete opposite of the spectrum (English education).

Now that I have some details about what the poster actually looks like, I would say a scientific person. Which is just my opinion, as told by a woman.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I'd probably end up standing and staring at the poster, studying it, and completely forgetting you were there for a while.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Well, look what are you going to the room for? If you're going to the room for....that...then I'm not even going to notice that there's a poster there.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Depends on the woman, really.

Rapscallion

Comment

It'd be a nice vacation from the stupid posters and calendars of 6 feet tall 100 lb anorexic supermodels and those awful fake breasted overly tanned bikini models.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

After seeing the poster I would have to say I'm of mixed mind. If my mind is fully on the guy I might not even notice it till later. However if my mind wanders for even a second and I saw the picture the guy would get ignored and the mood would be lost. What I think of him should be already made up before getting to the room. If the poster makes me re-think the guy...well then i don't think I want to be there anyways.

Comment

A poster like that would be a huge turn-on for me. You'd be getting at least to third base. THIRD base, not FREE-base!
                          I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I'm not into science or the 'geeky' stuff some of you describe, but this would interest me enough that I'd stop and ask questions.

Then, if I was into you (which we've already established because I came back to your room), I'd eventually lose interest and be more interested in getting busy.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

It'd probably catch my eye and I might think something like "Hey, cool, he's a science/medical guy" but if I'm in his room, I'm probably too distracted to think much about it until later.

I was going to school for chemical engineering for awhile, and now I'm enjoying my anatomy classes, so I'm not sure if I'm the typical woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X