This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prankster from Beyond

We've known in our house that there's a spirit or more in our house, and they don't act up much at all; the only time something major happened is when one was celebrating their birthday. When I first moved in, when I walked into the bathroom, I saw something strange flit around the corner of my eye, but I'd like to think that's their grandma saying hi to the new girlfriend. However, I think we have something a little more negative than that. I was told that when MIL was sleeping, she swore she heard little feet going around, like when we let our rabbit inside the house. Obviously, at 2 in the morning, that's not our rabbit, and she was scared shitless. She could hear a snort, like a dog sniffing, and it was like a presence over her.

Now, I don't think that's simply grandma visiting, so I take my quartz, shove it in the corners, and curse the fact that I need more. And some smudging sticks.

Your take on it? My horror-buff claims I need to put salt across the windows. I lol'd.
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Did you try to talk to the spirits? When we moved in to our home, our resident spirit would scare my little guy shitless.

When I was the only one home, I stood in my living room and yelled "YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO STAY IF YOU STOP SCARING MY LITTLE GUY AND DO NOT SCARE ANY OF MY CHILDREN OR MY HUSBAND. IF YOU CAN NOT OR WILL NOT DO THAT I WILL BANISH YOU FROM MY HOME AND DON'T THINK FOR ONE MINUTE THAT I CAN NOT DO SO!"

He obeys my rules and I let him stay. He is thought of as a part of the family now.

I'm not saying this will work in your case, but it can't hurt. I know his activity picked up when we were boxing things up for storage and having our old furniture taken out and new furniture brought in. He was upset because he thought we were moving out and hadn't said anything to him about it. He calmed down when I told him we were moving just cleaning up a bit.

I wish you the best! I just bought a smug stick, but I'm afraid if I use it our spirit will have to leave.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
      Did you try to talk to the spirits? When we moved in to our home, our resident spirit would scare my little guy shitless.

When I was the only one home, I stood in my living room and yelled "YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO STAY IF YOU STOP SCARING MY LITTLE GUY AND DO NOT SCARE ANY OF MY CHILDREN OR MY HUSBAND. IF YOU CAN NOT OR WILL NOT DO THAT I WILL BANISH YOU FROM MY HOME AND DON'T THINK FOR ONE MINUTE THAT I CAN NOT DO SO!"

He obeys my rules and I let him stay. He is thought of as a part of the family now.

I'm not saying this will work in your case, but it can't hurt. I know his activity picked up when we were boxing things up for storage and having our old furniture taken out and new furniture brought in. He was upset because he thought we were moving out and hadn't said anything to him about it. He calmed down when I told him we were moving just cleaning up a bit.

I wish you the best! I just bought a smug stick, but I'm afraid if I use it our spirit will have to leave.
      I certainly hope that if I do use one of my sticks, that Grandma doesn't go with it. I'm pretty sure it's only for negative-negative things though. The other problem is that whenever it happens, I'm asleep, and she's upstairs. So unless something happens and she wakes me up, I almost never know. But thankfully, even if it's just to me, the quartz has made the room feel MUCH more welcome. Then again, everyone else doesn't notice anything, so I don't know if it's only me, or there's nothing negative to test it. It also doesn't seem to bother me since I always have my stones in my room, so I can't do anything there. Or would it be alright if it wasn't after an incident?
      My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

At our gas station we had an employee suddenly pass away about 2 months after we took over. Whenever a pump asks for approval (usually pump # 4, but # 6 has also), and no one is there, we tell Harlan (the employee who died) to knock it off.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

My mom tried the same with the ghost at our old house, and the old woman never bothered us again until we moved....random things started getting moved and disappearing.

There is one for sure at their place now. I've known about it for years. Almost every night between 12-1, it goes upstairs and into my brother's room at stops at the window. Just a month or so ago, I saw an old woman in the window from outside.

My little brother couldn't be more thankful for his new job, he is only home every so many weekends, and since it's been so hot, he's gotten an excuse to sleep downstairs or in the basement.

He's been so taken aback at times by the footsteps that he's woken up and reached for his gun

I am so thankful that there is nothing in my apartment. I don't get any feelings or sense anything.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ethan loves to move stuff around and put it somewhere other than where it was when we put the item down, sometimes the item is only gone for a few minutes and sometimes for days.

He use to love to hide my work clothes. He would also sometimes look out the window when I got home after midnight.

Comment

You've actually seen Ethan?

Comment

I can't remember if I said this before but I moved some years ago into what should have been a beautiful dream house, but there was some presence there which scared me which I can't explain I never saw anything but I knew it was there.
                Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  You've actually seen Ethan?
                  Just a male type shadow looking out the window. I thought it was my husband at first, but he swore it wasn't and was a bit creeped out that Ethan was in the same room as him when he was asleep. The only one who has actually seen him is my daughter.

Now we have a new ghost that introduced herself by singing when I was upstairs near my daughter's room. We both thought the other was singing. My daughter named her Miranda.

Miranda came back tonight, I could tell by her perfume. I wasn't wearing any perfume and I could only smell it near my desk. My daughter could smell it too and knew it wasn't one of her or my perfumes. It did go into the kitchen with me once and back to my desk. My husband had been gone all day today for a wedding and when he got home is when Miranda seemed to leave.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking that you believe Ethan to be the ghost of a Civil War soldier? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Comment

Yes, Ethan is our Civil War ghost. My daughter saw him in a Union uniform.

About 6 am today, I heard a loud bang come from my daughter's room. We both get to the hallway at the same time. She asks me if I heard something bang on her closet door. I told her that I had and thought she dropped something. Turns out, she was woken up by the bang that neither her or I could explain. It's not something Ethan would do, so we think it was Miranda who did it for reasons unknown, but I came back downstairs and told her I would banish her from my home if she ever intentionally scared one of my children or my husband again.

Comment

Back in 1983 my BF Keith and I moved into an aparment complex in Brockport, he was in the SUNY there. I cant remember the name of the place, but it was bordering the parking lot for the double shopping plaza there. On the plaza 1 away from us was a Burger King, where Keith had a part time job in the evening after school three or four days a week.

2 odd things happened there, the first being that I had one of 2 different nightmares every night I slept there, one innocuous and one particularly evil. The inocuous one was a classic monster in the house sort of nightmare, which never scared me. The other was my going to bed after being pissed off at having to repaint the apartment upon moving in because some kid had gotten in and scrawled all over the walls in red and black, with Keith sitting up in the living room watching TV. I wake up to some *thing* in the doorway to the bedroom leaning against the one side of the frame watching me. When I scream, I get the feeling that the entity was somehow keeping Keith from hearing me. There are symbols scrawled all over the wall of the bedroom that the doorway is in. I had that dream the first night we spent there. The odd thing is that Keith was coming home across the parking lot and thought I was standing in the window of the apartment watching him walk home, and he was peeved that he waved and I didnt wave back.

When we were cleaning up to move out, we found a medallion with the main emblem that was scrawled on the wall slid under the edge of the rather cheap shag carpet in the bedroom.

Second odd happening was when we were having a small sleep over party for thanksgiving. It was a particularly nice one, and nobody wanted to go home, so we had 2 people in the spare bedroom, 2 people on the couches in the livingroom and one person in a sleeping bag on the dining room floor, which room had the sliding door to the balcony.

Someone got up to go to the bathroom, and was freaked out because she saw a short whitish blob-form scooting around the corner from the bathroom, through the living room and out the balcony door, which we found slightly ajar. Nobody had opened the door, and it was one of those heavy locking glass doors that we kept part of a hocky stick jammed in the frame to dissuade anybody from breaking in [as if someone could climb up to the third floor to do so]
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                        X