X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    OH oh oh!

Buy those packets of coloured dots. Each colour gets assigned to a room in the new house.
    There is still a blue dot on one of the lamps in my bedroom.

I've lived here for 3 years.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Go to UHaul. They have rolls of tape for different rooms of the house. Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, kitchen, bathroom, etc. These are an absolute MUST.

I'll point Becks in the direction of this thread. She moved from WI to NJ. 5 Years later, she moved back.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        Why not Arizona?

I'd love to never see precipitation PERIOD ever again.
        I would love to move to Arizona [Tucson preferably] for the stable barometer, this year has been purgatorial for joint pain and I am not looking forward to this winter. I have a feeling it is going to be a hard cold and nasty one.

And I normally have loved the cold and snow of winter but today it felt like someone was prying my joints apart with a butter knife
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

See if you can get one of my older sisters to help you pack and my fiance to do the driving.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So, im sittin here in tears crying....

I decide to tell my close cousin who lives here in PA also, about our decision to move as were playing WOW together and we're on Vent. She starts saying "You know, i dont even want to talk to you right now"...thinking shes playing, hubby and I laugh and continue the convo, whatever.

She then logs off vent, and after a few ingame PMs, she logs off the game. So, instantly my tears start. REALLY? Im sharing with you an important bit of news and you IGNORE me?

The tears come unbidden....im still tearing up.

She THEN posts on her Facebook status that "Ive just gotten the poopiest news in teh world right now, I just cant even think straight."

SERIOUSLY?! You'd rather do that than talk to me?

Why would she do that? Why?

Comment

Ok, so Im done crying. Just as an F.Y.I...

I vented this morning to my sis in law and feel much better.

Comment

Your cousin is a brat.
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  Your cousin is a brat.
                  Thats a nice word for what she really is...

Comment

Yeah, I'm in an oddly mellow mood today.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, when ya un'mellow....feel free to unleash the verbal beast.

Ill wait.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm...how about cocksmoking cuntbag?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

As for moving. My stock tips are lighten the load. Chances are, you can buy it at your destination for less than the cost of hauling it 1000 miles. If you find you can't sell an item consider donating it. Here's the Value guide that I use for my clientele. You'll be pleasantly surprised how clothes and furnishings add up. Just keep the donations under $5000 per organization per day--that way you won't need an appraisal for your donation. If you can fit your stuff into a U-haul mini mover or even a cargo van, you're doing great IMO.
                          Sorry I've been so late in replying. I was way busy at work.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I will be getting rid of:

My entire bedroom set (but keeping the kids sets)
                            A shitload of books
                            1x computer desk
                            2x TV stand.

Bunches of clothes, other smaller furniture type and decorative items.

Im already planning an all out removal party to the salvation army.

As for the mini mover.....nahhhh.. Lol. I think I have too much stuff. We have living room furniture, dining room furniture and just boxes of books and belongings. We're not taking any appliances though, which i guess is good. Ill give away what I can.

ETA:

SO i can deduct these things from my taxes?

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                              I will be getting rid of:

My entire bedroom set (but keeping the kids sets)
                              A shitload of books
                              1x computer desk
                              2x TV stand.

Bunches of clothes, other smaller furniture type and decorative items.

Im already planning an all out removal party to the salvation army.

We're not taking any appliances though, which i guess is good. Ill give away what I can.

ETA:

SO i can deduct these things from my taxes?
                              Oh yes, that sounds like at least $2K worth of stuff, depending on how exactly how much clothing, books and 'other smaller furniture' you plan to give.
                              The form to claim that is Form 8283 (Instructions).

Do NOT use the drop box and when the volunteers offer a tax receipt say YES!. As for appliances, if the Salvation does not take them, chances are Habitat for Humanity will. Call ahead as they typically have odd donation drop off times.

More info on charities.

Another item I forgot: Have a job lined up in your new destination, so that you can deduct those moving expenses as well.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So, wow....im a little ahead of schedule...but i found a house! I was just browsing and fell in love with one.

Its a short sale home (one step ahead of foreclosure) and takes about 9 months to complete the sale due to the banks and lenders etc. That would put us mid june which would be perfecto.

Has anyone done a short sale and have any advice? Buying this house would of course be contingent on me selling the one I have now. I dont know how the bank would like that....so, we'll see. My in laws are going to see the house for us this week and take lots of pics so we get the jist of the layout.

Comment

Working...
                                X