This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

OK, I've noticed a pattern lately when I'm on express or a register near the service desk.

Quick background: our manager has been known to actually jump on a register and start serving customers when it gets busy, leaving upper management in charge of the service desk.

I have noticed that people tend to mistake me for either a manager or supervisor...but I've started noticing a slight pattern among these people as well.

-it's never for a complaint.
    -it's either for a job, refund, exchange or for cigarettes.
    -the people are primarily from the Asian region. (not being racist, something I've just noticed)

Yes, I wear glasses. Yes, I do try and maintain a clean image on the checkouts. But seriously...there's a sign that says CUSTOMER INQUIRIES! Yes, my manager does jump on a register from time to time. And it's a man...not a woman! And no, it is impossible for me to do a refund or exchange on the registers.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Until our re-branding Corp. would occasionally run contests among the store in the districts for things such as overall safety, leadership in departments, etc. If a store won they would usually grant prizes to two regular employees plus some bonus or whatever to management. The prizes ranged from gift cards to dress uniforms, such as a denim button down shirt with embroidered Name and company logo while most other employees wore a cheap Polo.

When someone had one of those at my store they never asked about a complaint. Also since you looked more official they almost never second guessed you when the customer was informed we were out of something.

Comment

Working...
    X