This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for that promise to myself

Because of the events of this thread and I am not sure of the outcome of my appeal...I've had to look for a second job.

See, I set up my "real job" to accomodate my tenative school schedule in the fall. I work nights, 20 hours a week. It would be all good, except, well...I am not sure if school is going to happen. Summers are always like this for me - a financial struggle til school starts and my first grant checks help me not only pay for school but catch up in other areas. Since all that is in limbo and I am not sure I am getting those funds...I've HAD to look for another job.

I started my search last Friday and found a job the same day. I swore to every God imaginable that I would never do this line of work again...but, due to my current life circumstances, I have found that having this experience - 10 + years of it - tucked in my back pocket comes in handy.

I will be waiting tables again...starting with training today @ 2pm. I can't believe it...I said I'd never do this again! I don't know if I am friendly enough. I've become so callous toward entitlement whores and gimme gimme types that I have some fear that I will blow up on one while in this line of work again.

If anything...I am SURE I will have some posts to ad to the SC threads. So, wish me luck! I think I'll need it...
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 06-30-2009, 10:39 PM. Reason: Corrected link ~R
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck! I find that we're more capable of putting up with BS when we have to put up with it. I used to work two jobs at a total of appx 70 hrs/week. I still work two jobs, but only 53 or so hours total. That 70 hours would kill me now, but then I don't have to work it either. Food and shelter is a powerful motivator.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Real humans do what has to be done, even if it means breaking a promise to ourselves. Just remind yourself how far you've come, and that this will get you even further. Good luck!
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
        X