Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want some extra wire? This was all the junk wiring left over from the aftermarket alarm the previous owner installed, it was a nightmare, it was spliced into just about everything on the car except maybe the fuel guage.....
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I beg to differ on the whole tires disappearing thing being uncommon. I worked security for a credit card company for a while. Their are several cameras in the parking lot and they each do a sweep of their own little area. Well some guys came in the middle of the night and COMPLETELY stripped the car down. Took tires, the cat, stereo and pretty much anything else that wasn't too heavy to carry. Left if on cinder blocks. They managed to get it done before the camera swept back at them, so we literally see:

car intact.... 30 seconds go by.... car on cinder blocks omgwtf?! Oh yeah, they were that fast.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

There's a joke that goes "Don't stop at the lights in [area]. they'll have your car on bricks before it goes green".
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Theres a few people running around dealerships down here doing that. There have been 3 hit so far, one vehicle at the first, 4 at the second, and 10 at the third. All 03 or newer Explorers. What in the world do they need 15 sets of explorer rims for?

Comment

I think I <3 u!! LoL

But really, sick car! I definately have a soft spot for sports from the 80's.
            Sadly tho, I cant drive stick yet Crazy amount of wiring, mustve taken awhile to get that straightened out.....
            Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Quoth mandaliz8704 View Post
              Theres a few people running around dealerships down here doing that. There have been 3 hit so far, one vehicle at the first, 4 at the second, and 10 at the third. All 03 or newer Explorers. What in the world do they need 15 sets of explorer rims for?
              Rims are a hot item to customize a car, and you don't have to be very mechanicaly inclined to put them on, a full set of new alloy rims (as in any kind that aren't just steel wheels with cheap plastic hubcaps) are worth somewhere around $1,000, and Explorers have, I think 15'' or maybe 16'' rims, a common light truck and car wheel size, wouldn't surprise me if they're just turning around and selling them to people who want a shiny new set of rims for thier truck, or just selling them as salvage/crash parts, cars involved in wrecks usualy need at least one new rim to fix them.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
              X