This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, did you know....?

I've been doing some mandatory online training. As with 99% of this stuff, it's stupid and pointless. Why do I need to know about international supply chain security when I don't do anything with that?

Anyway, one entire slide simply said "Did you know there's an international border between the United States and Canada?"

Wow....just...wow....such comprehensive training.

And in other stupid bullshit, one of the modules I took had a preface section on how to use the training program. OK, yeah, it's just basically reading the page and then clicking "next." I don't think I need to be trained on that (not to mention the fact that in order to learn how to use the training program, you need to know how to use the training program )

So I clicked "Skip this section" and moved on to the actual training material. Then, even though I did all that and PASSED the certification test at the end, it said I hadn't completed the unit.

Turns out, that "how to use" nonsense at the beginning was mandatory, so I had to go back and click through it just to get the stupid checkmark on that training module.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

All mine had that stupid "how to use interface", too. Couldn't skip, but at least I could open another window while it timed itself out lol.

Comment

No....!

Next you'll tell me there's an international border between the United States and Mexico!
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Living next to the Canadian border and working in the tourism industry, I can say you would be surprised how many people don't seem to realize that. It's a frighteningly high number.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I figured that one out when we had to leave all our gun mags there as they were "high cap". About $2000 worth.

Comment

That border is hard to miss around here when you've got customs agents greeting you and asking you were you were born before they let your car go across the bridge.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's one of the problems I've found with online training programs (at least, the few I've taken). They can be really redundant, which does a great job of wasting time and being annoying.

Comment

Next you'll tell me there is and intranational border between PA and MD.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  Living next to the Canadian border and working in the tourism industry, I can say you would be surprised how many people don't seem to realize that. It's a frighteningly high number.
                  That is crazy. I guess some people have it in their heads that international means overseas only.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Anyway, one entire slide simply said "Did you know there's an international border between the United States and Canada?"
                    That's because some people don't even understand that our hat Canada isn't a state.
                    (just kidding about the hat )

And yeah, my last job had the same programming. you pass the test but... nope you didn't watch every single second of the stupid video so you have to redo it. sometimes several times when there was nested pages you had to complete too.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
                      I figured that one out when we had to leave all our gun mags there as they were "high cap". About $2000 worth.
                      Would a "High cap" gun mag be an issue of American Rifleman with an additional 16 page special section about the M1 Garand?

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post

SC
                      There was never an international border between PA and MD (since there was never a situation where the 2 states were parts of different nations) - the dispute leading up to the Mason Dixon Line was when both were colonies (and up until the War of Northern Aggression, people tended to consider themselves more as citizens of their state than as citizens of their nation). There was, however, for a short time an international border between PA and VA (from secession until WV seceeded from VA). Don't know why it's called WV, however - the westernmost point in WV is east of the westernmost point in VA. "North Virginia" would have been a more appropriate name (although that would have caused confusion regarding Lee's Army of Northern Virginia).
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I just got an email notifying me I have to do the online training module for driving 15-passenger vans and other university vehicles. Except my job in no way involves me driving university vehicles or other vehicles at all (well, unless you count me driving my very own car to the uni). My job is leading group peer tutoring sessions for a grand total of 4 hours a week in the two basic chem courses for pre-nursing. But, still, I have to do this vehicle module, because it is required of all uni employees.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer
                          Quoth wolfie View Post
                          There was never an international border between PA and MD
                          That pesky -ra and -er -- such different meanings, yet so easy to read one for the other.

Of course, both of your statements are correct.....
                          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                            I just got an email notifying me I have to do the online training module for driving 15-passenger vans and other university vehicles. Except my job in no way involves me driving university vehicles or other vehicles at all (well, unless you count me driving my very own car to the uni).
                            It would be interesting to see what happens with someone who doesn't have the class of license required to transport passengers for hire (if it's part of your job to drive a passenger van, it's transporting passengers for hire, even if it's a "free" shuttle where the passengers don't pay directly). Bonus points if it's someone with a medical condition which makes them ineligible to hold ANY class of driver's license. "I am medically disqualified from holding a driver's license. You say the training module for driving the vans is mandatory. Does that mean it is a condition of employment for me to drive without a license?"
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X