X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walla-Walla Onions

Oh Dear Pogs.
    I love these little bastards.
    I've just cut up 10 of them, covered them in oil and salt, and stuck them in the oven to roast.
    Not a single tear.
    *swoons*
    They only have a little bit of sulfur in them, so towards the end I was feeling a bit gassed, but that's nothing compared to normal onions.
    I have sulfur issues, it makes me sweat hardcore/unpleasantly different than normal sweating, and onions are actually super-healthy for one, and I love them anyway... long story short, I can eat these raw.
    *noms more*
    I hear tell that some are as sweet as apples! I must have these!
    HOWEVER, like with most veg-sugar, it fades quickly, so that's why you hear stories about corn-crazies picking and eating them in the fields...

I might do that, but with onions! Pull! Peel! *chomp*
    who wants to go with me to eastern Washington??
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Our family descended en masse at Burgerville for their Walla Walla onion rings. So very good!

Roadtrip!

Comment

I live in Oregon where these wonderful little rings of joy are plentiful. I LOVE THEM. They are the best tasting onions by far.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

What, no love for Vidalias?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat
          What, no love for Vidalias?
          Only onions I will eat. My mom quarters them, puts some butter in the middle, wraps em in aluminum foil, then grills em. Yum!
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Haven't found Vids yet. Granted, I also try to buy local... I can look?
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

just started thinning them. Since they don't store well I chop and freese them so I have them all winter.
              "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

:3 awww bebe onions! THE TASTIEST ONIONS.
                *OMnomNOM*

Comment

Working...
                X