This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mother of all WTF's

About 6 yrs ago while I was working at this now defunct supermarket chain here in SE Michigan an elderly asian woman who spoke very little to no english came in with her english speaking daughter to shop.When they got to the check-out the daughter claimed her mother's purse had been stolen while they were shopping. The assistant manager came over,called the police,and at somepoint the customers tried to convince the AM to give them their groceries for free because of the theft.Naturally,The AM refused,but a report was filed on the alleged purse snatching and the customers left the store.Now comes,the WTF moment.Now I had been sent on my break after the first part happened,but I had to clean up the remnants of the latter.While on my break,the elderly lady returned,purchased a large aluminum turkey pan,went just outside the exit to door onto the sidewalk,placed pan on the ground,put several of our flyers in it,took a few INCENSE STICKS out of her purse and put them in,then lit the whole thing on fire and started bowing and praying to it.One of our cashiers grabbed a fire extingusher and put it out,then asked the lady WTF she was doing.She claimed to be putting a VOODOO curse on our store.Well,it must have worked beacuse it and the entire chain closed just last year.

An Asian woman practicing Voodoo? how odd.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
      An Asian woman practicing Voodoo? how odd.
      Yeah, but some Asian cultures believe in curses and the like..
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Put one on her

"The power of Christ compels you to kiss off"

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
          Yeah, but some Asian cultures believe in curses and the like..
          Yeah, but Voodoo, or more accurately Vodun, is an African/Caribbean thing. I'd expect a Jamaican woman or someone fresh from the Big Boot (as my High-School geography teacher nicknamed Africa) to do a Vodun curse, but not somebody from the Orient*.

*Yes I know it's not politically correct, but Asia covers most of the Middle East and the former Soviet Bloc as well, so I refuse to use the generic term for the continent to describe one region.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Oh, so SHE'S the reason that there are way too many empty buildings around SE Michigan that used to sell groceries. Of course, I never went there, I usually go to Kroger or Busch's.

Hi to another SE Michigan person!
            "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Growing up in New Orleans I have seen some Asians that practice genuine Voodoo. Have known relocated Vietnamese practice it so the OP's Asian could have conceivably been putting a real Voodoo curse on the store.

Comment

Talk about slow acting curse, musta used the wrong flavor of incense.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

She didn't give the right kinda rum cigar sacrifice to the snake god....Pall Malls and Capt Morgan doesn't cut it..LOL

Comment

Wow! That's....No words...no words...

But it worked...interesting....Still WTF! I've never heard of anything that comes close to that.

Comment

Quoth banner74 View Post
                      While on my break,the elderly lady returned,purchased a large aluminum turkey pan,went just outside the exit to door onto the sidewalk,placed pan on the ground,put several of our flyers in it,took a few INCENSE STICKS out of her purse and put them in,then lit the whole thing on fire and started bowing and praying to it.
                      The purse she took the incense sticks out of, was that the allegedly stolen purse?
                      Last edited by Ree; 07-17-2008, 11:11 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth dithers66 View Post
                        Put one on her

"The power of Christ compels you to kiss off"
                        Wrong deity. Try this:

"The power of Gravekeeper compels you! By the power of Rapscalion and Kara_CS, may all your clothes become pink camo, and your lust for pants become neverending! In the name of IPF, may all your carryouts be performed by an overpaid half-wit with insensitive testicles!
                        Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Couldn't say for sure about the purse as I never saw her with one in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                          X