X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More drive-thru fun

Here a few stories from the past several shifts at the dairy store:

1. A woman came through the drive wanting to order 2 quarts of our fat free choc milk. When I told her we were out, I was subject to a nice dose of EW-ism. “<scoffs in snotty tone> Whenever I come here, 9 times out of 10 you don’t have any of the choc milk. You need to order more.” Then she drives off. To you ma’am, I’m sorry you’ve lacked to learn the optimal time to buy your precious milk or waited to learn from me, but getting huffy about it solves nothing.

2. I swear, whoever built our speaker decades ago must have hated humanity. When customers do line themselves up properly, it sometimes lets sounds drop. Headsets like to become static-y and cuts out when further than ten feet from the drive register. I had one customer try to order iced tea, but it sounded like ice cream to me. It took a few moments before realizing what he actually wanted.

3. I find it intriguing the ways in which people could be so vague in ordering whatever and expect you to know exactly what it is they want. A recent customer drove up and initially said four words, “I want two vanilla.” After a silence of me waiting for him to continue (I still don’t know where that optimism came from) I asked him to clarify. It turns out that he wanted quarts of ice cream, but seriously, why did he assume that that minute amount of information would be sufficient to get what he wants. There have been worse people who’ve said “I want ice cream.”, with no indication of continuing their thought.

4. This one charming customer took drive-thru/to go to a whole new level.
    Me – Me STC – Self-Thinking Customer AM - Asst. Manager
    Me: <standard greeting>
    STC: Yeah hi. I would like a choc shake, a strawberry shake…um…a cone of (something) and a cone of (other thing).
    Me: OK sir, <repeats order to verify> anything else for you today.
    STC: Oh yeah, give me a bottle of whole milk and for those cones, I want the (something) cone for here and (other thing) cone to go.

*At that point I had to look at my AM, as she had on the other headset, to see if she heard what I heard. As she did, we either both went mad or were told to do something non-sensecal.*
    AM: <takes over> Excuse me sir, what do you mean by for here and to go?
    STC: (in a somewhat condescending tone) I want the cone for here turned upside down in a cup and the other cone regular.
    AM: OK sir, please pull forward.
    My AM and I then look at each other and shake our heads.

Is this use of color okay? I'm considering to do this more often.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm
Working...
X