Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to collared shirts while golfing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to collared shirts while golfing?

On the fourth of July, I was asked to come in for just a few hours to do the beer cart for a tournament, even though we had a party at our house that day. One of the other girls started the tournament, but had to catch a ferry and couldn't stay the whole time.

I get there at 11:30, so that A can leave early. She wanted to do one more round, which turned into 2, and it was over an hour before I got the cart. She didn't leave until 1, and probably missed her ferry anyways.

Round one
    i started off, and at hole 11 I ran into these guys for the first time. A foursome, one is wearing a pirate hat, another is barefoot. I start thinking of pirate jokes, until the prirate opens his mouth with this question: "Have we made out with this one yet."

Lets not encourage this group.

Round two
    I am at one hole with a group when my customer and I look over to another hole and see the pirate and his friends. One of them has his pants tucked under his butt cheeks so he is mooning everyone. I pass them in the cart, they wave me on and the guy is SITTING ON THE CART LIKE THAT! I have to clean these things Monday.

I run into the club house and tell my dad, (the manager) about these guys and continue on the course.

Round three
    Pass this group again once and avoid them. Two are now just wearing grey boxer breifs, one is in his bathrobe, and the fourth has his shirt pulled up partially, exposing his beer gut. Pretend not to see them the first time, but on heading in to restock, they corner me, the hole they are on is right by the entrance I am heading for. The guy in the bathrobe orders 4 drinks.

Me: The one and only
    BR: Bathrobe guy

BR: Please don't tell your dad about this, he'll get mad, he'll laugh, but will get mad. We're just having some harmless fun.
    Me: (Not promising anything) Just remember, there are children here.
    BR: I know.
    Me: One of your friends earlier was exposing his bottom earlier.
    BR: Oh I didn't notice that. You're going to tell your dad aren't you.
    Me: I already told him about the butt.

He walks away, and leaves me NO TIP.

Fourth round
    I see a guy watering the bushes, but is safely tucked away with nothing exposed
    The naked bunch is at 16/17 and I avoid them carefully. One group comments on them, saying, "I thought you had to wear collared shirts not walk around in just your shorts."
    I replyed, "Those aren't their shorts, that is their underware."

On the plus side, I made $40 in tips and then someone left another 10 with my dad for me, for putting up with those jerks. He also showed me how to add a tip to a tab and do a cash payout.
    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Quoth Delphae View Post
    I start thinking of pirate jokes
    "What was my score for that hole?"
    "PARRRR!"

Comment

What the hell, were they playing strip golf or something? That's disturbing.

Oh, and if you have to ask the employees not to tell the boss because you know he'll get mad, you are not just having "harmless fun"...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        What the hell, were they playing strip golf or something? That's disturbing.

Oh, and if you have to ask the employees not to tell the boss because you know he'll get mad, you are not just having "harmless fun"...
        Seconded on both. Mark Twain called golf a good walk ruined; strip golf is signing your own death warrant (and apparently golf clubs can be highly effective weapons <.<).

And seriously, why would they even ask that? If someone has to ask an employee to not tell the manager they've already hit bedrock and are looking for a jackhammer, figuratively speaking. The wonderful mind of scs...
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

A friend of mine told me about once he went golfing with 2 buddies (9 hole course, no one else there) and whoever hit the shortest drive had to play the next shot with their pants down, whoever had the highest number of strokes on a hole had to play the next one naked. Weird shit like that. (I was just glad they didn't invite me)

Could have been what they were doing.

Comment

You know the game is boring when you have to start making up crazy stuff like that in order to make it fun....

Comment

Arsewipes in the story weren't playing golf, they were just using a golf cart to carry their jerky asses around while they drink and act stupid.

Oh, and if you find golf boring, you shouldn't be playing it. In my opinion, anyway. I SUCK at golf, but my husband doesn't, and I'll happily go along with him any time he asks because I love the game THAT much. 18 holes is the best 4 hours of my week.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Even after he asked me not to tell, they were seen by the ranger, and many other golfers. The guy in the bathrobe even walked into the clubhouse like that. Evidently the bathrobe is an anual thing.
                It wasn't strip golfing either as they went from dressed to not dressed in less than a hole and stayed that way through 6 more holes.
                I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

I can never understand folks like that..... Granted, I'm not a big fan of golf. But if Alice Cooper can dress properly to go golfing, why the hell can't these folks?
                  I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Not just asking an employee not to tell their boss, but asking him/her (sorry, I dunno which one) not to tell their DAD! That's pretty sucky right there. LOL First loyalty may not always be to the workplace, but if the workplace is owned by daddy? Then you're SOL, Mr. Mooney.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

For some reason, if I were there, I suspect I'd walk up to the Bathrobe guy and ask "What is the answer to life the universe and everything?"

Heck, if I didn't think I'd get arrested, I'd pad around all day on May 11th in just my jammies, a dressing gown, and slippers, all the while carrying a towel.
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

While I don't condone the nakedness, I have to say, the pirate hat and the bathrobe made me laugh, and frankly, I could see myself being either one of those nitwits--except, of course, I tip.

I LIKE the fact that golf is become less elitist, and that you can get away with wearing more casual clothes. NOT that I golf, mind you, but my friend Golf Boy has been threatening to get me out on a course for years, and if he ever does, my one requirement is that we are always near a beverage cart--cause I ain't doing it sober!

Though I would probably wear a Jester's hat and a Raiders jersey, just to confuse people.

Barefoot just seems utterly stupid, considering all the littering and whatnot that goes on at these courses. Also, I would think you would get less grip with your bare feet on shots than if you had cleats or even sneakers.

The mooning was just childish. Not that I am above such things, of course, but still.....

As for the underwear....I'm on the fence on that one. Hell, I would golf naked IF the place would let me, but wouldn't violate the rules out of respect for some of my fellow golfers (sorry, no respect for the snobby elitist assholes) and out of respect for my friend, who would either die of embarrassment or kill me himself.

But yeah, the pirate hat and bathrobe? I LIKE IT!

Quoth air914 View Post
                        You know the game is boring when you have to start making up crazy stuff like that in order to make it fun....
                        It's golf. Of course it's boring!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

These guys should play mini golf. They'd be normal there.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The last time I went golfing was in college. Sadly I concussed the greens keeper. I did yell fore, however his headphones prevented him from ducking in time.
                            Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

My dad says God doesn't want him to play golf. Both times he's tried the games were interrupted by sudden thunderstorms.

Comment

Working...
                              X