Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to collared shirts while golfing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way it could have gone:

BR: Please don't tell your dad about this, he'll get mad, he'll laugh, but will get mad. We're just having some harmless fun.
    Me: (Not promising anything) Just remember, there are children here.
    BR: I know.
    Me: One of your friends earlier was exposing his bottom earlier.
    BR: Oh I didn't notice that. You're going to tell your dad aren't you.
    Me: That depends on the amount of your tip.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Barefoot just seems utterly stupid, considering all the littering and whatnot that goes on at these courses. Also, I would think you would get less grip with your bare feet on shots than if you had cleats or even sneakers.
      We have quite a large waterfowl population around here. If you've got grass, you've got geese and/or ducks. 'Nuff said.

Quoth Jester View Post
      It's golf. Of course it's boring!
      What, do you want me to call Robin Williams* or a Latin American soccer announcer?
      GGGOOOOOAAAALLL!
      *HBO Special: Robin Williams, "Live on Broadway"
      "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
        The last time I went golfing was in college. Sadly I concussed the greens keeper. I did yell fore, however his headphones prevented him from ducking in time.
        I'm thinking it's probably NOT the best idea to be wearing headphones on a golf course...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Heh. Reading through this thread again reminded me of a story that makes me smile. It probably was the last time I went to the driving range in Toccoa, before we moved further south in Georgia. I guess it's a good memory, even though it was a bad time.

I remember going to the driving range, only to be the only person there. It was a warm spring day, that much I remember, but it was also just a shade windy. Not too bad mind you, but enough to be felt.

The range was set up in a kind of low valley with a short hill on the right and a row of trees on the left. Up on that hill on the right was a small wood working shop with large open garage type door that let in light and trucks (pick up and panel) to be loaded.

I remember it like it was yesterday, though it happened eight years ago.

I stepped up, planted my feet and took a wonderful swing. The ball made a sweet PING! as it left my club and began a wonderful arc up into the air. Ah....it was paradise. Then something began to happen. My ball, which should have continued down the range to the 150 mark curved. It started easily at first, but the wind soon caught it and with a wonderfully unerring course, it flew straight into that open garage door. Now, I know I didn't actually HEAR anything, but to this day I have the mental picture of some guy working in that shop, only to have a small white ball come in the building at great speed. That ball striking several things, bouncing around in the building before coming to a rest. Not a minute after my ball went up in there, I watched as someone came out and lowered the garage door.

Apparently, I have one heck of a slice.

My next ball hit the garage door with a loud clattering TWANG! I promptly turned in the rest of them and called it a day.
          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

The imagry of the golf ball pinging around in someone's garage was great.

Comment

Repsac, I once hit a ball into another guys golf bag (and I have witnesses!). I hit it wrong (off the side of the club) and it went straight up and hit the roof of the range. It then bounced down the concrete pad and into this guy's bag.

He was very pissed off, all I could say was "hey, hole in one"

Comment

Techniclly we have a policy that requires collared shirts, but we really don't care about the guys in jeans and a tee-shirt, its pretty blue-collar here. We do require you to be DRESSED though.

As for those who have trouble hitting strait, I was nearly hit twice Friday at the same hole and I was NEXT to it.
                I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

But what happens if someone shows up wearing only pants and a baseball cap? Like John Daly?

It just dawned on me now to ask.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                  X