Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work with money and the one of the few things I hate doing is a cash-in when i get to work. Normally, I don't mind doing it, but thats on the days i come in to open. I can glance at the rolled coins and come up with the count quickly. I can count the bills quickly and easily... but i hate doing the loose change... one time, one of my co-irkers "accidentilly" opened $6 of $0.05 and I had to count them ALL... TWICE.

I hate when people talk to me when i'm counting, because then i lose my count... Most of the time, though my counts are the most correct... i tend to triple-check to make sure. I hate coming up short.
    "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
    ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
      That's not something I've ever encountered; I'd venture to say that she was probably the one square in a box of rounds.
      I have got that before. The SC got mad because I counted her change back. She said I am supposed to, by policy, hand it to her and let her count it.

Comment

I believe you that you counted it: but I agree with everyone else. For the reassurance of everyone involved in the transaction, it should be counted in plain sight and in such a way that everyone knows it's right.

This is also the best way I know of to beat the quick-change scam. Do every transaction individually, with both parties counting clearly and as slowly as necessary to be certain it's right.

Don't hand over your part of the deal (money, money orders, products) until their part of the deal is counted, and in neutral territory (on the counter?) or in your territory (on your till shelf, waiting for the deal to be finalised before you put it away).

Oh, and beware of sleight of hand artists. YOU count the money, even if they counted it in front of you.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X