This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
    Why would anyone use a gun to make a mess. Much easier to use other explosive devices..... Idiots.
    I dunno, sawed off shotgun at point blank? That would make a mess. Feel free to reprimand me if this is out of line in any way, I don't really believe in making these kind of "messes".

Good for the shop owner. There are too many people out there that are more interested in making a buck than keeping people safe.
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

sawed off shotguns, those are illegal however, potato guns aren't and just as messy if you load em with rotten vegs/eggs/etc....

There are other messy ways without getting cuffed and dragged off to get a needle shoved up your arm.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth Arucard View Post
        Link to thread?
        Ok it took me an hour to find it but here it is! http://thehighroad.org/showthread.ph...=customerssuck

Please don't resurrect the thread though the mods over there hate that sort of thing.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          You hadn't previously heard of our other site that was set up for discussing contentious issues rather than have debates on CS?
          I've heard there's cake, but I'm not so sure. I think the cake might be a lie.
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            A blunt axe you mean....
            Why be a wuss ? Go all the way and wield the Good Ole Spiked Club.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Amateurs.

Everybody knows the makes the biggest mess of all.
            Sheesh. We're talking old-fashioned hand made messes and you come with your heavy industrial machinery. Next thing you know, they're gonna invent things that aren't steam-powered...
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

sawed off shotguns, those are illegal however, potato guns aren't and just as messy if you load em with rotten vegs/eggs/etc....

There are other messy ways without getting cuffed and dragged off to get a needle shoved up your arm.
              Indeed they are, but they sell shotguns that are less than 1/8th of an inch over the legal minimum lengths for privately owned shotguns. They're marketed for "Home Defense", and are quite effective in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

"Knows what they're doing" in this case means being familiar with their weapon and how to safely handle it, staying out of easy lunging distance and not racking the first shell until the intruder can hear you do it. More often than not, the sound will make them get the hell out of dodge without the gun even having to be leveled at them.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                Why be a wuss ? Go all the way and wield the Good Ole Spiked Club.
                I love those. The morning star is one of my cleric's favorite weapons in role playing games.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

until you roll an critical fail and that spike ball on the end of that club come right at your own face...... Not that I would know anything about that

Comment

if you must do this, do NOT not not not not ever use an avocado. I know someone who did. teh avacado expanded and jammed the barrel, and teh gun (a metal potato cannon) exploded. One of teh participants got shrapnel all teh way through their arm and was in rehab adn surgery forever regaining use=- funny how that works when you lose a chunk of arm bone(s). The Hurt party was forced to sue by his insurance company so he could have a hope of affording all this medical care, and teh party that was sued pretty much lost teh ability to get property insurance.

Comment

well, that avocado wasn't rotten then.

As with any projectile weapon, never overload the barrel. The explosion force has to go somewhere.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Indeed they are, but they sell shotguns that are less than 1/8th of an inch over the legal minimum lengths for privately owned shotguns. They're marketed for "Home Defense", and are quite effective in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

"Knows what they're doing" in this case means being familiar with their weapon and how to safely handle it, staying out of easy lunging distance and not racking the first shell until the intruder can hear you do it. More often than not, the sound will make them get the hell out of dodge without the gun even having to be leveled at them.
                        I intend to own such a shotgun eventually, learn to use it very well and safely, and keep it in a locked box.
                        What will I load it with? Why, rock salt, of course!
                        Not often fatal, but the intruder will wish it was!
                        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

until you roll an critical fail and that spike ball on the end of that club come right at your own face...... Not that I would know anything about that
                          That has happened in real life. Lieutenant Commander Charles Flusser was killed in action on April 19, 1864, in the engagement between the USS Miami and the Confederate ironclad CSS Albemarle. In that action, Flusser personally fired a cannon shell at the Confederate ironclad. The shell, with a 10-second fuse, bounced off the Albemarle's armor and landed back on the deck of the Miami, where its explosion killed him.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X