Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, I'm not going to pay your bill for you...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I'm not going to pay your bill for you...

I work for a company that has quarterly fees... under $100 per quarter for a TON of cool and useful stuff, along with getting tech support for the program 7 days/week.

I'm one of the ever-so-happy people who answers phones, provides customer care (do I care?), and tech support for our program.

The most recent bill was invoiced out on June 1st, due by June 30th. We give a 10 day grace period and then turn service off for non-payment. Since the 11th fell on a Friday this month, we extended the grace period to Monday July 14th before we shut anyone off.

The last two days have been HELL. 10 hours of hell each day.

Everyone calling in either "forgot" to pay their bill or "never got the bill." Ok... we bill quarterly.... that's every three months for the customers without brain cells (most of them) and the due date is always the same unless something like this month happens and we GIVE YOU EXTRA TIME TO PAY. And we give you daily notifications when you log into our system that the bill is due.... one when the invoice is first sent out letting you know that you have a bill due. Then, starting on the 25th or 26th, you get notices EVERY MORNING that a bill is almost due. Then, after the 30th, you get daily notices that your bill is PAST DUE and that your service will be interrupted if you don't pay.

So they don't pay.

And they call me.

Too things happen:

1) They bitch that they don't have the money and want me to either pay their bill or turn off their service without paying. ummm... NO

or

2) They pay the bill online, and bitch about having to wait up to 2 hours (it's anywhere from 15 min - 2 hours) to have their service reactivated. And want me to turn it on. And SCREAM when I tell them that I can't and no one here can, and it's automated, and the info has to come over from an outside vendor.

Every three months, I get this.

Yesterday, we shut off almost 3000 people... so, yeah, people not happy. And I have a migraine. Sorry that this is boring, I just needed to vent.
    Last edited by Wenchie; 07-16-2008, 12:28 AM.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

No need to be sorry, that's what CS is for.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You expect them to pay their bills!? You jerk! I should sue you personally and get you fired!
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

One day, Apathy, your sarcasm will get you in trouble. Until then, keep it up.

Sorry you have to deal with jerks and idiots. Have a cookie.

*gives cookies*
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Sorry you have to deal with jerks and idiots. Have a cookie.

*gives cookies*

Yay! Cookie!

Well... the good news is that I've worked 3 10-hour days, so now I get a day off before I work my last 10 hour day of the week (I work Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri).

Of course, my bf works in the call center for (major power company in Michigan) and with all the storms we've had, he's had to deal with lots of SCs and mandatory OT... poor baby. I should send him to this site. (EDIT: Just got a text from him. Mandatory OT tonight also.... it's 12:30am here and he has to work until 4:30am now - icky 12 hour day talking to SCs without power)
          Last edited by Wenchie; 07-17-2008, 04:34 AM.
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
            Of course, my bf works in the call center for (major power company in Michigan) and with all the storms we've had, he's had to deal with lots of SCs and mandatory OT... poor baby. I should send him to this site. (EDIT: Just got a text from him. Mandatory OT tonight also.... it's 12:30am here and he has to work until 4:30am now - icky 12 hour day talking to SCs without power)
            oh I bet I can feel his pain...
            I had a power outage earlier today... along with 800 other people because some idiot crashed into a transformer...
            anyway, I called in to ask when they thought power was going to be restored (basically trying to figure out if I wanted to leave and like go to a movie or something where there was still power) and the poor call center guy actually thanked me for being the only person so far that hadn't called in to yell at him because the power was out...
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
              Yesterday, we shut off almost 3000 people... so, yeah, people not happy. And I have a migraine.

You deserve hugs.
              It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
              The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                oh I bet I can feel his pain...
                I had a power outage earlier today... along with 800 other people because some idiot crashed into a transformer...
                Like the opening scenes in this trailer for Thunder Road?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth sixums View Post

You deserve hugs.

Thank you!! I had today off of work, but work tomorrow. And we're short staffed tomorrow. I'm really really hoping that people have either paid by now or have just stopped complaining. Of course, we know that the second part of that will never really happen...

Comment

Working...
                  X