This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Believe it or Don't

The alleged journalism that I wrote about last week reared its ugly head last night... Besides reporting that we water down the fuel, they also said we pretend we've run out because we apparently don't really want people to give us money in exchange for goods.

Anyway, last night (Tuesday) being the low point in the weekly discount cycle around here, demand was up. And the delivery tanker was late. So we ran out of unleaded.

SC: "Stop pretending the pump's broken. I know you're just waiting for the price to go up because you don't want to lose money."
    co-worker: "We really have run out of petrol, you're free to try it for yourself."

So the SC goes outside, tries the pump and guess what, it runs really slowly and stops at 13 cents... which is what happens when we've run out! On re-entering the shop:

"Nice try, but you'll be hearing from the ACCC."

OK, we'll show them the paperwork proving that the tanker was late and we really did run out. Maybe even show them the video of you being an idiot just for the entertainment value.

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    OK, we'll show them the paperwork proving that the tanker was late and we really did run out. Maybe even show them the video of you being an idiot just for the entertainment value.
    Don't forget dinging them for a drive-off if they didn't pay for the fuel. Theft is theft, after all, be it $.13 or $13,000,000.00
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Um,

Let me get this right

Internal combustion engine = Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow (WooHoo!)

Adding water will have problems with the 'Bang' part

Hmmm, logic fail.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

When my friend worked at a gas station years ago (gas was a little over $1 a gallon), some guy claimed he could get to Boston from Springfield (over 100 miles, 2 hours+, depending on traffic) on $2, because "I just put water in the rest of the tank."

She was so he pumped his gas and left before she could say anything.

Wonder how close to Boston he got.
        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

we apparently don't really want people to give us money in exchange for goods.
          Well no! It's widely known that gas stations and the evil people that work there get tired of extracting people's money, so they start lying about the gas and get paid in woe instead. Then they go back to the money.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
            When my friend worked at a gas station years ago (gas was a little over $1 a gallon), some guy claimed he could get to Boston from Springfield (over 100 miles, 2 hours+, depending on traffic) on $2, because "I just put water in the rest of the tank."

Wonder how close to Boston he got.
            *Snerk* Not very, I'm guessing. Most gas tanks are gravity fed, and gasoline floats on water, if I remember. Oh well, our CS tow-truck drivers and dispatchers can use the work.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yes it does. That's why water based fire extinguisher are not to be used in case of a gasoline fire. Water would just creep under the gasoline layer and wouldn't put much flames out.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I should modify my engine so it runs on fast food grease.

I suppose I could get used to always smelling like french fries.
                Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                  Yes it does. That's why water based fire extinguisher are not to be used in case of a gasoline fire. Water would just creep under the gasoline layer and wouldn't put much flames out.
                  In addition the water would turn to steam, the petrol (gasoline) would coat the steam and continue to burn like in this video (chip pan rather than petrol but the principle applies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y64EKn-1lOQ

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post

our local pizza place has a couple grease cars-I love that smell
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post

I want one of these.

or maybe one of these.

I wonder what the Top Gear crew would have to say about the second one... it's eco-friendly *and* high performance!

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                        our local pizza place has a couple grease cars-I love that smell
                        All our fire engines in the county run on old grease, it's cleaned before they burn it and there is no smell.

Comment

or maybe one of these.
                          That car looks awesome, but small... otherwise, I'd get one of those... I just don't fit in cars smaller than a Taurus... sucks being 6'5".
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I wonder what the Top Gear crew would have to say about the second one... it's eco-friendly *and* high performance!
                            They'd trash it all to fuck and back, because they always hate on American cars. They even go as far as lie about statistics to make them look bad when doing a head-to-head against European or Japanese cars..

Or am I thinking about 5th Gear? I'm thinking of the one that airs on the European side of the pond.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                              Or am I thinking about 5th Gear? I'm thinking of the one that airs on the European side of the pond.
                              5th Gear is a pathetic attempt to steal some of Top Gear's audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X