This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired lawyer...

We have credit card and eftpos facilities, but don't do cash out over the counter. We have an ATM in the store for people who want cash. Under our merchant agreements (and a little thing called the law) we're not obliged to offer cash over the counter and we don't even have to have the ATM.

SC: "I'll pay on credit and take a hundred cash out..."
    Me: "We don't do cash out, we have the ATM over there if you need cash."
    SC: "Yes you do do cash out, it's the law."
    Me: "No it's not and we don't. There's an ATM just over there..."
    SC: "I'm a retired lawyer and I know it's the law that you do cash out!"
    Me: "We got the ATM because we're not set up for cash out over the counter."
    SC: (pays in cash, also I see at least 3 $100 notes in his wallet) "You'll be hearing from the authorities!"

I wonder what the authorities will say. Maybe something like "Did you punch a grumpy old fart in the face? No? OK I'll arrest him for wasting my time."

It always amazes me as to what SCs deiced is "The Law."

Comment

At first I thought that the topic title was "Retard Lawyer"

I CAN'T be the only one who thought it read that...

Comment

Quoth Darken Spiritz View Post
        At first I thought that the topic title was "Retard Lawyer"
        If his behavior post-retirement is anything to go by, he may have been a retarded lawyer.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          SC: (pays in cash, also I see at least 3 $100 notes in his wallet) "You'll be hearing from the authorities!"

I wonder what the authorities will say. Maybe something like "Did you punch a grumpy old fart in the face? No? OK I'll arrest him for wasting my time."
          Somehow, I'm looking forward to that. Not that I want you to get in trouble. But I think it might be fun if you indeed heard from the authorities. For us to read, at lleast.
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I got the same thing at my store. I handed him the business card of my bosses lawyer and told him if you think a judge will take this case and not laugh you out on your ear, feel free to give him a call and we'll dance.

I loved those cards...I called them my little shut the [fornicate] up cards.

They worked wonders

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I'd love to know what alternate universe that guy is in- the only places in these parts that do cash-outs are grocery-type stores. Even then I would be hesitant to cash out $100, I suspect that could wipe out a drawer (but then the places I worked retail didn't do huge volume sales so the register tended to be small).

Comment

SC: "I'll pay on credit and take a hundred cash out..."
                I didn't think you could get cash-back from using CREDIT. No cashier has let me try (accidental that I used it as credit at the first time and wanted cash back, second time was because I forgot).
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I have yet to encounter someplace that will do cash-back on a CREDIT card like this guy seems to be asking lots of places will do it on a DEBIT card for amounts usually under $100.

Has anyone here seen cash-back on a credit card?

I searched pretty hard for such a thing years ago before I got sober. When I had credit only (spent ALL my cash in the world) I had maybe a tinny bit of sense left and knew cash advances were BAD and to be avoided. So I'd look for ways to get cash off my credit card the best I found would be go to a bar with friendly bartenders have a drink chat them up and let them know your going to tip $50 or so on one drink but they only get to keep $10 or so. So yeah I'm not sure cash-back on credit exists. YAY! I've been sober 3 years have a happy life and am just about to buy my first home.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    I didn't think you could get cash-back from using CREDIT. No cashier has let me try (accidental that I used it as credit at the first time and wanted cash back, second time was because I forgot).
                    Discover card now allows it.

But I think they way it works is like a cash advance so if you get money out you have to pay interest on it.

I think.

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                      Somehow, I'm looking forward to that. Not that I want you to get in trouble. But I think it might be fun if you indeed heard from the authorities. For us to read, at lleast.
                      It's a bit anti-climactic, apparently his idea of "calling the authorities" is sending in his son who, once he found out what actually happened, apologised.

Comment

Cash back on a credit card?

I would have told him to take a flying leap into a cesspool.
                        *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                        *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

I've tried to get cashback on my Visa in two different department stores and I got a nyet in both. Oh well, there was an ATM outside.

Comment

It's a bit anti-climactic, apparently his idea of "calling the authorities" is sending in his son who, once he found out what actually happened, apologised.
                            I feel bad for his son, I get the feeling that a large portion of son's daily activity is being sent around town to the various buisinesses his grumpy old Dad has "sicced" him on and apologizing profusely while dying a little bit inside each time.
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X