This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want me to do?????

OK, so a large group of chavs enter the bar, about six of them. They are about as rough as chavs come, very cocky, look very inbred and probably have about twenty kids between them. But they are no bother. They buy their drinks and proceed to sit outside by the river.

During my shift, I go down to clean by the river. The chavs are still there, but are just sat drinking. No bother.

About ten minutes later, a random customer comes up to me, and is VERY angry. He has a massive stain down his jacket.

SC: Oi! You!
    Me: Me?
    SC: Yes! Those chavs down by the river threw a drink on me!
    Me: What?! Are you OK? Where are they?
    SC: They've left now! You're too late!
    Me: Oh no, what happened? Why did they throw a drink on you?
    SC: I told them they were being too loud and had to shut up. They told me to shut up, threw a drink on me and ran away!
    Me: Oh no, that's awful. I'll just get you a cloth to wipe your jacket down with.
    SC: I don't care about the jacket! This is all YOUR fault!
    Me: My fault?
    SC: I saw you! You went down to clean by the river! You saw them and you never did anything about it!
    Me: Are you saying they threw the drink on you while I was down there?
    SC: No! It was after you left! You saw them down by the river and you never did anything about it!
    Me: Well, I don't exactly know what I was supposed to do. All I saw was a group of people having drinks and chatting...
    SC: They were chavs and they were swearing!
    Me: I didn't hear any...
    SC: They were fucking swearing! You should have told them to leave!
    Me: Sir, I didn't hear any swearing. I just saw a group of people drinking. I can't throw people out just for being chavs.
    SC: Well you should have!
    Me: Sir, I don't know what you want me to do. I could call the police...
    SC: The police won't do anything!
    Me: Well sir, I know what they look like. If they ever come in again I will refuse to serve them.
    SC: This is all your fault.

He walked away with the cloth, wiping his jacket.

Ah, my favourite complaint [/Sarcasm]

X happened (timescale) ago, I wan't you to sort it out but everyone has now gone!

What are you supposed to do, hop into your Tardis and deal with them?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Uh... what are chavs?
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        SC: They were fucking swearing! You should have told them to leave!
        The proper response according to this guy, at this point? "Get the hell out! You just swore at me. Happy now?"
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Uh... what are chavs?
          Charming Fellows within the UK renowned for their wonderful dress sense, eloquent sentence structure and grammer and wonderful manners.

All chavs have a wonderful respect for the law and all those with a position of authority and speak with deference to those within said positions.

Chavs are very often noted for wearing a suit at all times and often wear a natty shirt/tie/suit combo which leaves most style gurus gasping. A chav would never make the fasion faux pas of wearing the incorrect colour footwear with suits and always wear cufflinks in their shirts.

Many Chavs have taken part in the education system to it's fullest extent and have Ph.Ds in their chosen subject, very often physics or mathematis based, although some prefer the 'softer' subject of Biology.

No chav would ever dream of being seen in public whilst consuming any food or alcohol whatsoever and none would humilate themselves by acting any manner which would bring shame to their families.

I know of no chav with a criminal record nor would they have any dealings with anyone who gained such a record, either within their family or within their social circle.

Who am I kidding, their a bunch of idiots, pretty much the polar opposite of all of the above.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Did you forget that all customer service workers need to have the vast clairvoyance to know that a group of people might possibly cause some irritation to any conceivable person in the general area at their place of work?
            "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
              Did you forget that all customer service workers need to have the vast clairvoyance to know that a group of people might possibly cause some irritation to any conceivable person in the general area at their place of work?
              That's racism, Kyle... What about the power to kill a yak from a hundred yards? That's telekinesis, Kyle.
              So, the guy in the OP is saying, racism/speciesism/clothesism is okay, so long as it's not against me...?
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavs

This does a pretty good explaination of what a chav is.

God I love Wiki

M
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I've seen a few episodes of Little Britain on BBC America (very funny!). Is Vicky Pollard considered a chav?

Yer but no but whatever!
                  Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

I <3 Urban dictionary.

Watching kids who are so white they bleed white try to be black is so __________

Pick your favorite description. I range between funny to pathetic.

I hope you shared that irony with your female co-workers. the sheer iron in teh irony should boost their hemoglobin for days

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post
                      I've seen a few episodes of Little Britain on BBC America (very funny!). Is Vicky Pollard considered a chav?

Yer but no but whatever!
                      Yes, she is!
                      Great character, absolutely spot on. But the sad reality is in the UK that there is a sentiment of low esteem and rejection amongst teenagers that a lot of them want to start having children very early on in life. There really should be some schooling to address this.

Customersruinmylife - its seems like the SC behaved even worse than the group of chavs. Seems like the SC was too scared to stand up to the culprit who did and went on to blame an 'easy target', which in this case was you. Ironic that he was complaining of their swearing when he himself had to swear in his complaint to you.

EDIT - Oops! Read your post again - he did have some choice words with them. I couldn't see what you could do, unless you had some bouncers there at the time.
                      Last edited by MattW; 07-17-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Did anyone (in the UK) see on BBC news yesterday that headline they had, stating that calling someone a chav was "a form of abuse and discrimination"? It was hilarious.

Comment

Did anyone (in the UK) see on BBC news yesterday that headline they had, stating that calling someone a chav was "a form of abuse and discrimination"? It was hilarious.
                          Damn this Political Correctness claptrap!

The Fabian Society could have raised the issues of poverty, affardable housing shortages and wastage of publics funds but oh no, they want to winge about a derogatory term. What an effing waste of space they are.

Comment

Yeah, but you know what? If the shoe fits, kick them in the head with it.

Also, I've always thought Chav = Wigger the same way Lift = Elevator. Two words for the same thing.

For those that don't know the intricacies of American slang, Wigger is a derogatory term for a White (and occasionally Asian) person, usually male and upper-middle-class, who tries to act like he's not only black, but part of the street-gang subculture that thrives in places like Compton and Little Rock. The term's origin is, of course, a contraction of White Ni
                            Last edited by JustADude; 07-18-2008, 11:59 AM. Reason: Wrong homonim for the lose.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Sounds like your Sucktomer is seriously lacking in street sense...

Yes lets go up to a bunch of drunk unruly teenagers in gansta clothings and tell them to STFU.

Anyone for a ride in the SHORT ambulance?
                              *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                              *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Working...
                              X