This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own personal hall of fame

of stupid customers.... Another post reminded me of one incident, then so many came flooding back..........

I was working at the now defunct store Jewel Mart- at the fine jewelry counter, standing behind the counter with a fully visible name tag on. This idiot walks up and asks, "Do you work here, I'm looking for something for my wife?"

When I worked at the car rental place we had some rules about renting cars- you had to be 21 years old, full coverage insurance, a drivers license and a major credit card. At least 10 people gave me things like their library card or their Sears card (um....no, ever heard of VISA????)

I worked at The Limited for about 6 months. This really odd girl got really upset because we wouldn't let her try on the tights. Not leggings- TIGHTS. Sure, and why don't you head over to Vickie's to try on some panties while you're at it.

A guy asked me (car rental place again) if he needed a CDL (commercial driver's license) to rent a 15 passenger van. Uh- sure, yet there are people renting Ryder moving trucks all the time without a CDL, but for this van, yeah, you need one

The countless high school dorks who would wander into this dealership I worked at that had a bunch of highlines in the showroom (Vipers, Prowlers, an occasional Aston Martin) and practically beg to take them for a test drive. As if.

The cleaning lady who stole a company check and made it out to herself and tried to cash it using her real name and everything- and was STUNNED when she got caught.

The used car manager who had such a bad temper he actually took an office chair and threw it so hard it landed in the middle of the street- soon after he had an "episode" (minor heart attack), and said he was so surprised because he's such a calm gentle person. Oh yeah, and no, they didn't fire him......

Ugh. I think I used to be smarter, but constantly being slimed by these dullards has made me dumber, I think.

first, shouldn't the title be "hall of shame"

and the CDL question, that is actually somewhat legit, a lot of states do require that you have a special license if you are driving a vehicle with more than 10 people (or some number like that) for pay... so I could see someone concerned about whether or not they need a special license for a 15 passenger vehicle.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
      The cleaning lady who stole a company check and made it out to herself and tried to cash it using her real name and everything- and was STUNNED when she got caught.
      I usually don't point and laugh but not this time

(points at cleaning lady) BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

" A guy asked me (car rental place again) if he needed a CDL (commercial driver's license) to rent a 15 passenger van. Uh- sure, yet there are people renting Ryder moving trucks all the time without a CDL, but for this van, yeah, you need one "

That isn't sucky, it seems like a reasonable question.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
          When I worked at the car rental place we had some rules about renting cars- you had to be 21 years old, full coverage insurance, a drivers license and a major credit card. At least 10 people gave me things like their library card or their Sears card (um....no, ever heard of VISA????)
          I know it seems wierd, but in Ohio, they require a CDL for a panel truck driven professionally, but you can rent a truck of similer size and larger without one.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            I know it seems wierd, but in Ohio, they require a CDL for a panel truck driven professionally, but you can rent a truck of similer size and larger without one.
            It has to do with what it's being used for, I don't know OH, but in PA (and there may be Federal DOT laws in the mix too) you need a CDL in some cases if you're going to be doing commercial service, but if you're doing it for yourself (i.e. not for profit) then you're clear. (That's why some of those big honkin' Trucks or RV's have "not for hire" on the side, it's required by law to "prove" you aren't in commercial service with a vehicle that's on the borderline for CDLs. ) It's also because if you're in commercial service, you get taxed on your fuel differently.

It's also not sucky to ask about passenger restrictions, there are ones that take effect before GVW gets to the point you need a CDL. I think 15 might be the max, or maybe it's 20? but in any case, you get to a point where you need a CDL because of the number of passengers you're carrying before you hit the 20,000 GVW rule.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
            X