This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave in to peer pressure.

Ok, it's me. I gave in and rejoined after being away for over two years. Truth is, I need another message board to frequent and I used to post here all the time back in the day.

Basically, I've moved around a bunch in the past two years. I lived in my home state of New Hampshire, then moved to Virginia randomly, then moved back to New Hampshire to finish my degree, now I live in Vermont with my main man, chops. And for those of you not in the know, I met chops on this site back in 2004 and remain as a believer to the fact that sites like this are so much better than traditional dating sites.

And to update, I've had so many different jobs since leaving the site. First job I had was on an assembly line. That lasted all of two months, then my boyfriend and I decided to move to Virginia. Well, that was partially due to the fact that my mom just moved down there and was begging me to move there. So we moved there and tried it out. First I worked at a car dealership trying to sell cars, then I found out I wasn't much of a salesperson. I firmly believe that was because of poor training on the dealer's part (chops was quite successful at the same job, though). Then I got a job at Colonial Williamsburg selling tickets (I don't mind saying that because that place is so huge and I'm fairly anonymous here). That job was great, but very stressful since I was dealing with clueless tourists 99% of the time. Well, turns out I was going to be laid off at the end of December, at which point I decided to come back to New Hampshire and finish my degree. I also told CW that I wasn't going to come back if I found a better job at home.

So I get home, and the first job I had was, once again, trying to sell cars. I was much more confident in my sales techniques this time around, since the sales training at CW was fairly comprehensive and made much more sense. But the dealership I was working for turned out to be shady and I did not agree with how they were run. But at least I had a back-up job lined up already doing data entry for a company (which turned out to be right across the hall from the assembly line). I thought the data entry job was going to be permanent, but alas, the management decided to lay me off from that job as well. By this time I had finished my degree and was ready to make a permanent home somewhere. Chops was also back in Vermont at this time and already had a steady job, so I decided to try and get a job up there. So that's where I am today. I'm the middle of nowhere Vermont, loving life, owning my own home, and working for an awesome bank.

I don't know how much I'll have in the field of sucky customer stories these days, since most of the customers at the bank are absolutely wonderful, but I'm sure I can pull a few good stories from the archives of my memory.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Welcome back! It's good to see some old familiar faces.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

HA! I knew you couldn't stay off of here once I joined back up.
      "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

welcome back golfy next time the reds play at fenway ill be there
        The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

Welcome back Golfcart!

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
            WEEEE!!! It's like a family reunion! *beams*
            It really is . . . hopefully we'll have even more of the old crew back in the near future.

While it's great to have new faces, it's always good to have the familiar ones as well.

Welcome back.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I just realized I never officially said back to you.

Sorry about that.

(Although...I think I said it in a PM when I was letting you know I had taken you off the 'newbie' moderation.)
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

See? 8

But seriously, welcome back to both of you.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X