This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your have a Credit of $35.00

I love calls like this, I get them at least four to five times a day.

Me: Company Welcoming Phrase

SC: I received a bill in the mail, I want to see if it has been paid or not.

Me: Let me check that for you, it appears that the bill has been paid, and you actually have a $35.00 credit with us.

SC: Well, I'm showing that I owe you $xx.xx amount of money.

Me: Ma'am we owe you $35.00, that previous amount is no longer valid, we owe you money.

SC: Well this bill I received in the mail says I owe $xx.xx of money.

Me: Ma'am, the payment and the bill probably crossed in the mail, you don't owe us any money, we owe you $35.00.

SC: Let me check my records, it shows that I owe you $xx.xx amount of money, how can I have a credit.

Me: It appears that you paid twice, you probably sent in a payment with the Invoice that comes with the order, and then sent a payment in with the Statement that comes in the mail, happens all the time, I can send that credit to you if you'd like.

SC: But my records show that I owe you $xx.xx amount of money, I don't understand how I could have paid twice, are you sure it's correct.

Me: Ma'am I'm going to transfer you to our billing department, have a Great Day!

Reverse SC! (eleventy)
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Maybe she got the credit that the SC on the other line is so sure she was entitled to!
      My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I've been in sort of this position, with my electric company. I was certain that I owed them money but then got my billing statement showing a credit. Huh? I didn't remember paying twice though the company representative I spoke with assured me that's what probably happened. Hmm, ok. As long as the company isn't going to discover some book keeping mistake on their part on down the line and decide I do owe them more money after all, then ok!
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Hey, if she doesn't want it, my address is...
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

If I ever hear the words "credit" and "we owe you" when talking to someone in customer service service I shut my damn mouth and accept it.
            Unless they're saying, "You have no more credit on your card. We owe you nothing. Pay us now." Which they usually are.

Comment

Completely OT:

Rerant, your avatar is where the minor league team here in Albuquerque got their name from. They've been the Albuquerque Isotopes for a few years now. This, after getting rid of the "Dukes" that actually had a connection and meaning for ABQ.
              Last edited by Pagan; 02-20-2008, 04:21 AM. Reason: Can't type, can't spell, I'm going to bed.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X