This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    My mother works in the nursing industry. (She's a supervisor for the county's health department.) She hates it. It has nothing to do with the money, or having to take care of messes like that. No, all of it has to do with county politics. Too many incompetent assholes...that simply can't be made to "disappear." However, she doesn't show it while at work, no matter how much it sucks.

For example, she had one guy who was simply abusive to patients. He would actually file grievances with the union when repremanded. Because of that, none of the higher-ups would deal with him. At least not until he was seen slapping a patient...who just happened to be the *mother* of one of those higher-ups Needless to say, he soon found himself unemployed.
    Now, see, it's a damn shame that this is what it takes a lot of times to get rid of people like that.

I was working one day, and one of the nurses answered a call light on one of her halls (she had 2). The patient needed a tissue to wipe her nose. She was bedridden, and couldn't reach them. This nurse, instead of handing the lady a tissue, walked her happy ass over to the next hall where the CNA was cleaning another patient who had soiled herself, and told HIM to get the lady a tissue.
    MySpace

Comment

Oh for goodness......*sputter, sputter*

That short time that I was a ward clerk, I handled stuff like that (except for the lady with biohazard signs on her door). For some of the floors, I rotated, I answered patient call buttons. If it was simple stuff like a glass of water or whatever, I'd take care of it.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

for the love of god!!!! im trained nursing assistant just not certified which is why i dont work in that field, which would pay me more per hour and be easier to work around my schedule than alot of other jobs, because i couldnt afford to be certified (which cost 500 dollars to test and you have to do within 2 year s of compleation of the classes or have worked as a NA for two years to get) and no would hire some as young as me without certification, and if i had heard that woman i would have demanded her name and called the state licensing board before i called the manager at her nursing home, because if they dont want her fired they would have to if she lost her license for some maybe not like that but just as bad.

Comment

Working...
        X