This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    I'm seriously considering buying a motorcycle/scooter. Even WITH crappy weather.

To give yourself an idea of what that feels like in 40F weather, take off all your clothes, get soaking wet, and stand in front of a full blast air conditioner. Then multiply it by 50. Even fully bundled up with thermals, flannel lined pants, a thick coat, sweatshirt and tshirt, I won't ride when it's below 50F out. It just hurts too much.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

From what I understand, what you really need to ride an open vehicle in cold weather is windbreaker gear. Layers help but anything that prevents the wind from penetrating the layers is a must.

I got this from my brother who drove his motorcycle in all weathers. He wore a quilted, nylon coverall or leathers.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        Ethanol blended fuel is cheaper here and it gets better economy in my car (not in all cars)... for regular to be more cost effective for me it has to be 8 cents a liter cheaper (which does happen sometimes, at different places that don't offer ethanol)
        Where I live, we just don't have any stations that sell Ethanol. Supposely, the Corolla can run on it with a simple tuning. Haven't tried it yet...but if it becomes available, who knows. The MG is another story. When that car was built nearly 40 years ago, Ethanol didn't exist. In fact, it originally ran on *leaded* fuel. Within the past 15 years, that's not available either. Only way around that is the "lead substitute" additive. (On older cars, lead was used to lubricate the valves. Without it, the valve seats will eventually recede.) But, even that's hard to find. When the engine was rebuilt a few years back, I had it modified with a more "green" cylinder head--this one has hardened valve seats...allowing me to use unleaded.

What's annoying, at least locally, is to see the prices actually change during the day. One night, I'd headed to the gym. On the way, I passed a Sheetz station...which was selling gas at $2.99. When I came past it later, gas had gone up to $3.19! Since then, prices seem to be hovering around $3.15-$3.17.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X